Gauravs90

geek........
Sir,

I'm pursuing B.Tech with CS and I've passed 2nd yr, now my summer holidays are going on.

I'm in big confusion whether to go for Java or .Net tutorial classes. I previously planned to do training with .Net in the end of third year but someone said that I should not do both Java and .Net. What you guys say about today's scenario, will specialization in java will be better or .Net. As I don't know about both the languages i couldn't decide which to choose.

Pls help me regarding this.....

Thankyou

Champ

.NET Guru
You are too young to think about specialization and stuff, try making your programming fundamental strong.

Later in your career you will learn lot of technologies and will realize that languages are just a tool to express your ideas, and learning one hardly takes one week if your fundamentals are strong.

As far as your query is concerned stick with either, as both will server your purpose, Better choose one that your friends are choosing, so u can form a small group and create projects and share learning's.

Will again say try to focus more on quality of things you learn rather than quantity

OP
Gauravs90

Gauravs90

geek........
You are too young to think about specialization and stuff, try making your programming fundamental strong.

Later in your career you will learn lot of technologies and will realize that languages are just a tool to express your ideas, and learning one hardly takes one week if your fundamentals are strong.

As far as your query is concerned stick with either, as both will server your purpose, Better choose one that your friends are choosing, so u can form a small group and create projects and share learning's.

Will again say try to focus more on quality of things you learn rather than quantity

That's what I meant.... I want to focus only on one thing... But for start should I do java or .Net.... That's what I'm confused about.....

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
According to carrer perspective both have equal value but sometimes java is given more value.

Practical Problem : Too hard to find a job as a fresher in Java. Where as finding a job in. NET as a fresher is much easier.

In java you need to know many frameworks, otherwise that nothing would help I guess.

In. NET nothig such is required. And with the evolve of C#, .NET also have much equal options as java.

Most enterprise use one of these two.

So its up to you!!

I personally like. NET. Because grasping it is easy. I also know J2SE and a bit of J2EE so its not that I'm not aware of java. But personally I don't like it mainly because of its syntax. A simple hello world program needs 5 lines of code. Well thats my personal view!! I like good intellisense!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Plus the future of C#.net is wide since all platforms (pc, mobiles, tabs) are going to based on windows 8, which needs the same for development.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Well I guess this point is same goes for Java too. Java is cross platform, and all mobile platforms support Java apps.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Practically what I saw is there are lots of jobs in Java, but not even a single one for Freshers, every second company requires, Struts, Hibernate, EJB etc.

And as both Java and C# is used at Enterprise Level, nowadays there's huge requirement going for C#.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I prefer .NET over Java & would give equal points to both...which is on top currently depends on market conditions :cool:

I myself do .NET coding...:wink:

Don't opt for either try in SAP.

@OP: check the learning cost also before opting for SAP

OP
Gauravs90

Gauravs90

geek........
I think here in thinkdigit more developers of .Net applications are present.

Can anyone tell me about SAP?

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
You need to be more specific when you ask about "SAP".

Asking "What's SAP" is equivalent to asking "What's Microsoft?"

Short answer: It's a company which has many products.

OP
Gauravs90

Gauravs90

geek........
You need to be more specific when you ask about "SAP".

Asking "What's SAP" is equivalent to asking "What's Microsoft?"

Short answer: It's a company which has many products.

So.... what I have to do in SAP?

What language they offer?

I have heared SAP only few times before and many of my friends don't know anything about it...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Indeed, .net and Java have almost equal weight in the enterprise sector. Though I have seen more companies using Java more than .net. That depends more upon performance issues though. For my example, where I work, more than 70% of projects are in Java while about 7-8% projects employ .net, rest are other technologies.

However, .net ties you up to M$ and related technologies, while Java doesn't tie you down to anything (Thank God Oracle lost to Google). Of course the scope is very vast in Java since you need to focus on what framework you want to specialize in, but that would depend upon your job profile. Since you are studying, it doesn't matter what course you take. As pointed earlier, it is imperative that you make your fundamentals strong for now.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Right I agree.

And also, as a member suggested SAP. I'd like to say that, there's a huge requirement of SAP and it is one of the highest paid salaried job :p

But as Zangestu suggested, look at the prices for the training in SAP Modules..!! :p They are also one of the course with highest fees. :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Right I agree.

And also, as a member suggested SAP. I'd like to say that, there's a huge requirement of SAP and it is one of the highest paid salaried job :p

But as Zangestu suggested, look at the prices for the training in SAP Modules..!! :p They are also one of the course with highest fees. :p

correct...
Mainframe,ATM machines programming :cool:

Top Bottom