its time to change.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehnogeek

Broken In
finally i have decided to change... i am fed up with xp ...it has crashed 5times in two weeks... so i am shifting to linuc... though i have no knowledge about it ...even i don't used it once also .... i have decided i won't be using microsoft again... so please tell me
which linux distribution to install i am ready to get a paid version also even if costs more then win xp... and would be better if u can tell me where can i get basic stuff related to linux...
thnx in advance..

Venom

Journeyman
Well, get Ubuntu, dont bother about command lines at beginning, just start learning the GUI at first and follow the wikis online for installing necessary apps. Then slowly start learning bash and shell scripting along with commands. But be at ease and learn the apps from the GUIs at first.

borg

In the zone
I don't know man. I have seen quite a few people with such problems. They get fed up with Windows, swear never to use Windows again, jump to Linux. After seeing the amount of effort needed to use Linux, they go back to Windows after about a week.

Thanks to the propaganda by Linux zeolots, I think the general public has a very wrong idea about Linux.

Anyways, I advice u to not dumb Windows all together, but rather install Linux alongside Windows. That way u will have a smooth transition to Linux. I don't want to give u more distro suggestions, but you can go for any of the following distros-

1. Ubuntu
2. Mandriva
3. Fedora Core
4. OpenSuse

I don't know how proefficient you are with Computers, but you have a lot to learn before u can get anywhere with Linux. Anyways, best of luck.

Sykora

I see right through you.
If you have a fast connection, download the distros' live CDs and give each one a shot, then choose which one you like the best. Ubuntu is good for beginners, or so I've heard, I've never tried it out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom