It's been 1.5 years since I bought a 50k laptop...

retz

Broken In
It's amazing that for 50k, these *******s are still trying to sell me a 820m or 840m (same as mine), and a crappy 5400 rpm HDD and a mediocre 4 cell battery with a shitty 720p panel. The only change is the ****in' CPU, and god knows intel hasn't improved much. My god, has the Indian market not matured at all the past 1.5 years?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
forget 1.5 yrs. I bought my lap 3.5 yrs back. Still they are selling same configs apart from intel's new lineup of CPUs and newer GPUs. display ram hdd nothing has changed

- - - Updated - - -

and don't expect it to change soon

The best config that you can find in India for 50k is, 4/5th gen i5 + 4GB RAM + GT940M + 1080p screen + 1TB HDD... I guess (There was a HP model)

Rupee getting weaker isn't helping the laptop market. But Intel's CPUs are getting better. Now 6th gen i3 ULV = 4th gen i5 ULV... Also now Intel's CPUs are more power efficient

Also I think companies aren't serious enough to price laptops competitively...

My friend bought Lenovo Z500 with 768p screen, 3rd gen i5 M(not ULV), 6GB RAM & GT645M at 45k, 3 years ago. Current 45k laptops are similar in performance with GT930M & ULV i5. So I'll say laptop market started becoming worse after 2013

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The best config that you can find in India for 50k is, 4/5th gen i5 + 4GB RAM + GT940M + 1080p screen + 1TB HDD... I guess (There was a HP model)

Rupee getting weaker isn't helping the laptop market. But Intel's CPUs are getting better. Now 6th gen i3 ULV = 4th gen i5 ULV... Also now Intel's CPUs are more power efficient

Also I think companies aren't serious enough to price laptops competitively...

My friend bought Lenovo Z500 with 768p screen, 3rd gen i5 M(not ULV), 6GB RAM & GT645M at 45k, 3 years ago. Current 45k laptops are similar in performance with GT930M & ULV i5. So I'll say laptop market started becoming worse after 2013
yeah. that is what i meant to say. You said it perfectly. why there is no improvement at all in performance in laptop segment where as Desktop and Mobile segment is improving significantly every year.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dell India sells a 800$ (55k) laptop with 960M for ~80k. There have been improvements, just that either they don't come to India (Xotic PC) or are seriously overpriced (MSI India's entire laptop lineup).

Last edited:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
And guess what, if your dedicated GPU fails(which will be after 2-3 years just after the warrenty), you wil be charged to change the entire motherboard.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
using a sony vaio 4gb core2duo with discrete nvidia gpu since 7 years, upgraded to ssd
and still the U processor lineup of Intel is slower than my core2duo, in quick agile responses(opening firefox, etc)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The screen and battery. Still with 1366x768 resolution in the days when FullHD is available in below 10 K mobiles. Battery life is not crossing 3 hrs unless you compromise on performance or DVD.

Are there any good power efficient AMD APU based laptops available? What is with no decent AMD in laptop segment?

The screen and battery. Still with 1366x768 resolution in the days when FullHD is available in below 10 K mobiles. Battery life is not crossing 3 hrs unless you compromise on performance or DVD.

Are there any good power efficient AMD APU based laptops available? What is with no decent AMD in laptop segment?

AMD isn't performing well in laptop segment. Neither their CPU or GPU is good.
Driver for GPU sucks. Sometimes it won't switch to the dedicated GPU when you run a game

Intel + NVIDIA is the best bet for performance + battery life

Some low priced AMD laptops might be better for gaming, but battery life & CPU performance isn't as good as i3 ULVs

Top Bottom