[Complaint] Issues with activating Windows 7 and customer support disconnecting instantly.

heidi2521

Padawan
Company Name: Microsoft

Product Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Service provider: Microsoft

Date of Purchase: 2010

I built a new PC and decided to reinstall Windows 7, but it my key wouldn't work the normal way and the activation wizard asked me to either buy a new key, use the automated phone system or contact customer support. (Error code: 0xC004C008) I obviously won't be buying another key so I decided to use their phone system to activate, but it encounters an technical error each and every time. I have been trying it for the past 2 - 3 days with the same result each and every time. They say that they encountered a technical error after I enter the 54 digit activation code and ask if I want to be transferred to a representative. I agree and it transfers me to the representative but then they disconnect me after a second or two on the line.

The same result when trying to use their website. They usually are too busy with other customers, ask me to use the phone activation method that has constantly been failing, and if I request a call, I get one but then I get disconnected not soon after I pick up. My phone probably isn't at fault because it hasn't dropped calls or disconnect anyone else.

Because of this Windows has been bugging me to activate windows or get a genuine copy even though I have one.

Update: I tried again today, and it encountered a technical error again, but forutnately the customer support didn't disconnect this time and instead activated the copy of windows for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom