Issue with my Speaker System

Status
Not open for further replies.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
did u try to install latest sound card drivers yet?

its really strange to see that ur not getting the sound from center channel when u hear the music in dolby prologic II music mode....and yet ur getting the sound from ur center speaker when u try to diagonse them through ur control pod...

btw did u tried the two steps i asked u to do..???

well ur connections seems to be okay assuming that the last jack on ur soundcard provides analog subwoofer/center channel output...

but is it possibe to provide both digital and analog output from the same jack?? or is there any option of using 'dongles' when u have to switch b/w analog or digital ouput from that jack...

a frnd of mine once told me that there are lots of fake creative soundcards in the market, he said that although they work allright but sometimes act strangely while using with different applications....this cud be the case with u too, i hope i'm wrong...

btw how's the sound quality of these speakers....care for a short review??

ENjoy...

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
Hai,

mohit said:
hey wizard ... sorry i dont have any solution for your problem buddy but i want to ask if your speakers are wall mountable or not ? do they have that hole for being mounted on a screw behind them ? and ya me planning to use them with a creative sb live 7.1 (24 bit) sound card ... i hope they work man !! plz provide the info. thanx and hope u solve ur problem and what did u get that warning for mate ? lol

Yes, The Speakers are wall mountable.

It should work fine, coz ur Soundcard Software will have tht Option to choose a 5.1 speak as ur sound system. So u wont hav ny probs.

But lemme know if u experience the same prob as I did.

-----
I got this warning coz of sharing an ebook 4 months back and ... and.. got banned ....and few weeks back I got tis id back and this warning sign came Free with it

-----

rohanbee said:
WIZ those are some great looking speakers make my mx5021' s look bland.............
One tiny question (in my quest to find a solution for you), Does your mobo have a onboard sound card, maybe you should try that and see if it works...?

Yes, It does. CMedia soundcard, which doesnt support anytin more than 2 Speakers.
Anwyyz I am yet to try certain things which aadipa and suave told, so lets hop I get sometin out of it.

@ Dj, If u luv listining to music n watchin movies, go for it.
For Games, nothin comes like Headphones 8) ( a good one, ofcourse )

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
suave_guy said:
did u try to install latest sound card drivers yet?

its really strange to see that ur not getting the sound from center channel when u hear the music in dolby prologic II music mode....
and yet ur getting the sound from ur center speaker when u try to diagonse them through ur control pod...

btw did u tried the two steps i asked u to do..???

well ur connections seems to be okay assuming that the last jack on ur soundcard provides analog subwoofer/center channel output...

but is it possibe to provide both digital and analog output from the same jack?? or is there any option of using 'dongles' when u have to switch b/w analog or digital ouput from that jack...

a frnd of mine once told me that there are lots of fake creative soundcards in the market, he said that although they work allright but sometimes act strangely while using with different applications....this cud be the case with u too, i hope i'm wrong...

btw how's the sound quality of these speakers....care for a short review??

ENjoy...

Yes I did install them, but didnt find a difference.
anwyzy I will add ur id in my YIM, and lets have a chat tonite regd tis.

No Sound from center speak in whtever Software or sw related Mode I try. I get sound from it only if the Control pod is switched to 2/4 Channel Mode and ofcourse get sound from it in creative diag and that too Only If my control Pod is switched to 6 channel mode
Hop I am not confusing u.

I did try playing Driv3r ( its got eax ) and there wasnt any difference
And played few orginal dvds and no difference.

Yea, thats wht the Sound Card box says, I dont tink there is anyother way this Sound Card can produce the 3rd Output

And taking ur last query.
========
As I mentioned earlier, the very strange thing in this is,

Consider the speakers working with control pod switched to 6 channel and the soundcards slots plugged ( all 3 ) and now when I Diagnose the card via Creative Software I am able to get the sound "CENTER" ( that women telling it ) from the Center Speaker.

So this says, The Connections are perfect, Speakers are fine, and the SoundCard is fine.

========
So there is something inside, which creates this issue.
I also contacted Rashi, they r asking me to bring the speakers there ( 15 kms from my place ) and tht technician said he has got a Geforce ( humm ) Soundcard and he will test with that.

I thgt digit was a better place to get help from :D

P.S
Review Follows.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
can u do one thing....

first of all dont take ur speakers to rashi yet....that guy is saying that he has a geforce soundcard :p lol...i'd say avoid him...

secondly...i'm sure one ur frnds must be having 5.1 speakers...now u can ask ur frnd to do a favour by lending his speakers for a day so that u can check out that if the same prob. persists....

Now:

A. If the problem still persists then definately ur sound card is the culprit..and chances are that its a fake card...so u better get on with ur sound card vendor...

B. If ur frnd's speakers work fine with ur sound card then i guess u can consider taking ur altec to service center...and tell them that u only have one option i.e. replacing them, dont settle for anything else...

ENjoy...

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
suave_guy said:
can u do one thing....

first of all dont take ur speakers to rashi yet....that guy is saying that he has a geforce soundcard :p lol...i'd say avoid him...

secondly...i'm sure one ur frnds must be having 5.1 speakers...now u can ask ur frnd to do a favour by lending his speakers for a day so that u can check out that if the same prob. persists....

Now:

A. If the problem still persists then definately ur sound card is the culprit..and chances are that its a fake card...so u better get on with ur sound card vendor...

B. If ur frnd's speakers work fine with ur sound card then i guess u can consider taking ur altec to service center...and tell them that u only have one option i.e. replacing them, dont settle for anything else...

ENjoy...

Yea, But u missed one point.

Creative Diagnostics say that center speaker is fine when Control Pod is switched to 6 Channel Output ( also the 3rd cord is connected to digital output slot )

And, If I remove tht 3rd cord from digital output slot, the "Center" sound isnt coming.

So wht do ya say for tis :)

P.S
I can only manage to get a creative 5.1 speakers , but it doesnt use the 3rd slot in my Soundcard.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
why will it not use the 3rd slot??

creative 5.1 just like ur altec will have three inputs so obviously it will use 3 slots of ur soundcard....

yes i know ur center channel is working in creative control pod but then its not working with other applications....

the best idea will be to swap ur speakers for a day with any of ur frnd....ur frnd can check ur speakers on his sys and u can check his speakers on ur sys...

this way u'll definately be able to know that that which one actually is not working properly....soundcard or speakers...

ENjoy...

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

Dude i din get time to go thru all the replies......BUT I KNOW THE SOLUTION........

U ONT HEAR ANY SOUND FROM THE CENTER SPEAKER COS WHATEVR FILE UR PLAYING DOES NOT HAVE A CENTRE CHANNEL

IF U PLAY A STEREO FILE:::

LEFT = FRONT LEFT + REAR LEFT

RIGHT = FRONT RIGHT + REAR RIGHT

CENTRE = NIL

SOLUTION...............IF U WANT UR CENTR TO WORK

JUST OPEN CREATIVE PLAY CENTRE 2 .....WHICH CAME ALONG WITH THE DRIVER BUNDLE..........MINIMIZE THE PLAYER TO MINI MODE..............UL SEE SOME THING CALLED

CMSS

Thats the thing...........JUST PUT IT ON

NOW........

LEFT + RIGHT = center

REAR LEFT + REAR RIGHT work as plain surround speakers..........

but if u wanna play 5.1 game or 5.1 DVDs u just gotta put CMSS OFF n

EAX SETTINGS::::

GAMES = EAX (No effects or low effects or high effects)

MOVIES= use some good quality AC3 filter......a good one come with K-Lite codec pack

Note: put EAX To either Envioronments of Special Effects n NOT Advanced EQ to play games n DVDs

Power DVD has an inbuilt filter..........

HOPE UR PROBLEM IS SOLVED..............................

WHAT NOT SOLUTIONS PPL WERE MENTIONING..........I GOT PAKAOED READING THEM...........................

:::::::::::::::::::::END OF THREAD:::::::::::::::::::::

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
WOW - It Worked .

For More Info on CMSS, Click This

How to enable sound for my center, rear and sides speakers?

As U Said, There ends the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom