ISP makes their dialer compulsary to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent008

Broken In
I stay in mumbai and use iqara/youtele.The ISP says that from 1/1/2008 they will make their dialer compulsory to use to be able to connect:confused:. The point is that they do not have any dialer for linux:mad:.

So, how will I be able to connect using linux!!!Is there some other way???

NucleusKore

TheSaint
All you have to do is go to consumer court. Everything will be fixed then. They cannot force you to:
1. Use a dialer, unless they change their TOS and intimate you the same, i.e. they will serve only Windows machines. You can fight this discrimination in a regular court. Just a mention of it may set things right
2. Spend Rs 5500 and above for an operating system that you do not want to use by choice. Tell them you are a Linux user, they would not want to lose a customer for the sake of a silly dialer

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@nucleuskore

1. Quite possible.
2. I doubt that, at the amount of Windows noobs out there, they would get 10 of them for the loss of one Linux user.

@silent008, talk to them all you can, don't accept anything, if nothing works, change the ISP.

praka123

left this forum longback
Hey!wtf?you have to talk directly to company officials and/or send emails regarding the need for other Operating Systems users to have the access to their service.dont let them thrive with windows only policy and their suspicious(?) dialer :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom