Status
Not open for further replies.

sridhar8310

Broken In
well in the august issue of digit, the dvd which was provided had the
ISO-image of suse-linux. The iso image size is 700mb while that of the the linux if burned onto a disc would be 1.3gb. Can anyone tell me how such ISO-images with commpresed data can be made.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
The ISO image burned on a CD would also be 700 MB, not 1.3 GB. Remember, a CD can hold only 700 MB ;)

sUlPhUr|nE`

Broken In
Dont extract anything from the ISO Image...burn it as it is...If you are using Nero 6, Go to RECORDER>BURN IMAGE>select the image>BURN
Dats it...
Enjoy!

OP
S

sridhar8310

Broken In
yes Kl@w-24 a cd may hold 700mb but when i tried to burn of the iso image(700mb) i told u about onto a disc it wouldn't it said that the capacity was not sufficient.
Also when i loaded the iso image using imagedrive(nero), i found out that the actual size was 1.3gb.
So what do u have to say now

JAK

What the Heck !
sridhar8310 said:
yes Kl@w-24 a cd may hold 700mb but when i tried to burn of the iso image(700mb) i told u about onto a disc it wouldn't it said that the capacity was not sufficient.
Also when i loaded the iso image using imagedrive(nero), i found out that the actual size was 1.3gb.
So what do u have to say now

Explorer view

*www.freewebs.com/izzner/rough/suse.JPG

Mounted Image

*www.freewebs.com/izzner/mountsuse.JPG

It doesnt look to be 1.3 GB to me... :wink:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Just right click the ISO and burn it with DVD Decryptor. (If you don't have download it. It is just under 1MB).

theraven

Technomancer
happened in my 3 in 1 windows 2003 cd
the thing is there are 3 os's on it ... but theres is essentially one folder
yet it gave a size of 3 times the iso file when i checked
yet it burned on the cd
i guess it checks the size of all the folders mentioned even if its a repeat ....
thats the only logical way i could figure out

tuxfan

Technomancer
In Nero 5.5, how do I do it? If I create a data CD, it will just burn the .iso file and not the image. Nero saves its images as .nrg files and not .iso files :(

tuxfan

Technomancer
In Nero, choose 'Burn Image' from th File menu and select th image file

:roll: silly me :oops: I have lost the drive to do even a little bit of R&D since I have been visiting tech forums. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom