is this the right time to buy a new laptop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno0065

Broken In
i want to buy a new laptop and my budget is around 70000...i hve zeroed in on either the studio 15 or the xps 16 from dell...i want to know dat is this the right time to buy a new lappy or should i wait for some time as i hve heard dat some new processor from intel is coming n also wimax will come by dat time ..i must tell dat iam in no hurry and also is dere any chance of prices coming down??...kindly advise

OP
T

techno0065

Broken In
i am planning to get a studio 15 with the following-
intel c2d p8600
320 gb hdd
3 gb ddr2
ati radeon 4570 512 mb
at abt 50-55k,is it worth it?
what abt the graphix card?gud enuf for moderate gaming?

tuxfan

Technomancer
People wanting to buy in Mumbai can contact Kunal Sarvaiya (I. T. Concepts) on 98194 87755. I do all my hardware purchasing, AMC, etc. through him since almost 3 years. I have recommended him to plenty of other people and no one has been dis-satisfied. Even if I have to pay little extra than others, I would still go to him for the buying tips and recommendations that I get from him. Genuine advise, not salesmanship!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
People wanting to buy in Mumbai can contact Kunal Sarvaiya (I. T. Concepts) on 98194 87755. I do all my hardware purchasing, AMC, etc. through him since almost 3 years. I have recommended him to plenty of other people and no one has been dis-satisfied. Even if I have to pay little extra than others, I would still go to him for the buying tips and recommendations that I get from him. Genuine advise, not salesmanship!

Does he runs his shop in Mumbai?

tuxfan

Technomancer
He doesn't have a retail shop. So probably there are no walk-in customers for him. I guess his business runs on word-of-mouth publicity.

He works from an office.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
i am planning to get a studio 15 with the following-
intel c2d p8600
320 gb hdd
3 gb ddr2
ati radeon 4570 512 mb
at abt 50-55k,is it worth it?
what abt the graphix card?gud enuf for moderate gaming?
Try to customise and get a better graphics card. Might add 5k to that figure, but it's worth it.

tuxfan

Technomancer
i want to buy a new laptop and my budget is around 70000...i hve zeroed in on either the studio 15 or the xps 16 from dell...i want to know dat is this the right time to buy a new lappy or should i wait for some time as i hve heard dat some new processor from intel is coming n also wimax will come by dat time ..i must tell dat iam in no hurry and also is dere any chance of prices coming down??...kindly advise

What is your purpose? Gaming? Business use? Graphics designing? Portability? What?

We recently took a VAIO for my partner for around 60k. 3 GB RAM, 512 MB (or may be 256 MB) graphics card, etc. Will post exact specs tomorrow.

A friend bought a Compaq 6730B for business use.

^^ Where is this thread going buddies ???
Is it not in the right direction? I am showing him someone who can give him proper informed advise. 10 days of discussion here could be similar to 10 mins of discussion with this guy :)

OP
T

techno0065

Broken In
my main purpose is surfing net,watcin movies n listening music but i d lik to play all the latest games even at mid settings...i will b content wid da games at lower resolutions too but dey should be playable...also m in no hurry ...i can wait till june or mayb till da end of dis year if somthing new n excitin is coming or else i ll go wid dis dell studio now only...plz suggest

OP
T

techno0065

Broken In
my main purpose is surfing net,watcin movies n listening music but i d lik to play all the latest games even at mid settings...i will b content wid da games at lower resolutions too but dey should be playable...also m in no hurry ...i can wait till june or mayb till da end of dis year if somthing new n excitin is coming or else i ll go wid dis dell studio now only...plz suggest

OP
T

techno0065

Broken In
can neone tell any model from sony or hp comparable to the dell studio 1555???is it rite for me to wait a few months for the wimax integrated chips from intel to arrive in the laptops???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom