Dell Wireless Bluetooth headset
8 in 1 card reader
Binder kit
Finger Print Security
Travel Remote control
Noise isolation ear buds
RJ-11 modem cable
1 Year Dell XPS Care

I got some discount on price with the help of my bro's friend in there.
The quoted price incl of taxex and shipping is 50613/-

Howz the deal guys?

I think i cud never get such config from compaq, HP or others at similar price.
Now i feel i shud have opted for 1680*1050 for 2.4k more. But the dell guy over phone was saying that ull need it only if u work with CAD etc. I said i wud be doing gamin, photoshop, web page design and flash desighning. But he says theres nothin gr8 about that higher resolutions. Now me too begins to think that, coz usually that xreme HD res is found on 20~22" TFTs. Wat gud is it for on a 15.4" TFT screen. I think current 1440*900 is gud enuf.
wats ur opinion guys?

Last edited:

CHETAN MAJITHIA

Right off the assembly line
I just ordered a Dell XPS M1530 customized with the following config
Some of them are free goodies:

C2D T 8100 2.1 GHz, 3MB cache, 800 MHz fsb
Intel 965 express chipset mobo
Vista Home Premium
15.4” 1440*900 Crimson Red Body
2.0 mp web cam
8X DVDRW
8600GT 256Mb
2*2GB (Total 4GB)
250 GB sata2 5400rpm
SoundBlaster Audigy Advanced Audio
Intel 4965AG wireless N Card
Dell Bluetooth Module
6 Cell Battery
90W Charger
8 in 1 card reader
Binder kit
Finger Print Security
Travel Remote control
Noise isolation ear buds
RJ-11 modem cable
1 Year Dell XPS Care

Howz the deal guys?

Now i feel i shud have opted for 1680*1050 for 2.4k more. But the dell guy over phone was saying that ull need it only if u work with CAD etc. I said i wud be doing gamin, photoshop, web page design and flash desighning. But he says theres nothin gr8 about that higher resolutions. Now me too begins to think that, coz usually that xreme HD res is found on 20~22" TFTs. Wat gud is it for on a 15.4" TFT screen. I think current 1440*900 is gud enuf.
wats ur opinion guys?

Fantastic Deal !!!!!

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I just ordered a Dell XPS M1530 customized with the following config
Some of them are free goodies:

C2D T 8100 2.1 GHz, 3MB cache, 800 MHz fsb
Intel 965 express chipset mobo
Vista Home Premium
15.4” 1440*900 Crimson Red Body
2.0 mp web cam
8X DVDRW
8600GT 256Mb
2*2GB (Total 4GB)
250 GB sata2 5400rpm
SoundBlaster Audigy Advanced Audio
Intel 4965AG wireless N Card
Dell Bluetooth Module
6 Cell Battery
90W Charger
8 in 1 card reader
Binder kit
Finger Print Security
Travel Remote control
Noise isolation ear buds
RJ-11 modem cable
1 Year Dell XPS Care

Howz the deal guys?

wats ur opinion guys?
Good deal.
Yahan cmos battery lene ke paise bhi nahi hai.:mad:

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ya, the deal seems gr8. Im getting almost 18k rebate. Cudnt believe at first. But this price is alost 18k less than the price given while we configure one at dell site with this config(after adding taxes too).

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
It is good to hear that u chose 1440*900 over 1680*1050 as the later will suffocate your GFx card when gaming. Playing game on that high resolution will be too much for a mobile 8600 GT.

U can also opt for Intel 9k series processors with 6 MB L2 cache. But they are costly as of now.

4 GB RAM is a good choice as more RAM is more better. But there are some issues with Vista and 4 GB. MS has a fix for them though, but u should really check them out.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I choose 4G coz there was no other gud option. They had only option for 3GB (1*2G and 1*1G) and 4GB(2*2G) only.
I was interested only in 2*1G, but it was unavailable. So the only choise was 3G nd 4G.
And 4G was just 1.4k more than 3G. And 4G was dual channel while 3G was not. SO i chose 4G.

acewin
will surely let u guys know when i get the stuff. They say ill take some 6 days, but ive heard stories that it might take as long as 3 weeks for delivery.
But now the thing is shipped from Chennai. So i dun think itll take that long to ship it to Kerala.

@debsuvra
ya, me too was bit concerned bout the performance of 8600 MGT on Xtreme HD res. But i thoight of using only 1440*900 while gaming.Will it show ny kinda quality degradation in i dun game on native res?
It surely looks weired on non native res on desktop, but is that the same case with windows?

rahulmig

Journeyman
Hey Guys i am thinking of buying this ..
XPS [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M1210[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 GB DDR Ram[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]120 GB Hard Disk[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DVD Writer +-[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13.3" Ultra True Bright Screen[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lan + Modem[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wi - Fi + Bluetooth[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ATI Radeon 128MB[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Media Card Reader[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Built In Camera[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OS : Windows Vista Premuim[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stereo Speaker[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight 1.8 Kg[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Battery 4.5 Hrs (9 Cell)[/FONT]
Rs 68K

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Which 2.0 Ghz C2D proccy does it have?
The 9 cell bettery is real gud, but currently Dell is charging almost 8k for upgrading from 6 cell battery. Earlier it was bout 3k or somethin. So the 8k deal is not economic.

Nyway i think that the 68k price tag is due to tha fact its a ultra portable lappy.

BTW i cant find the model M1210 on Dell India site. Where did u find it?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I choose 4G coz there was no other gud option. They had only option for 3GB (1*2G and 1*1G) and 4GB(2*2G) only.
I was interested only in 2*1G, but it was unavailable. So the only choise was 3G nd 4G.
And 4G was just 1.4k more than 3G. And 4G was dual channel while 3G was not. SO i chose 4G.

Surely dual channel is better option but there are some real annoyances regarding 4 GB RAM in Vista 32 bit.

@debsuvra
ya, me too was bit concerned bout the performance of 8600 MGT on Xtreme HD res. But i thoight of using only 1440*900 while gaming.Will it show ny kinda quality degradation in i dun game on native res?
It surely looks weired on non native res on desktop, but is that the same case with windows?

I think u know that running something in LCD in any other than the native resolution will make the pic weird to look at. ;)

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

sorry, i meant - is that same case with games?

On normal Viewsonic 1912 and Samsung 932BN, i didnt see ny weirdness on non native resolution on games. But jusr to make sure, can nyone plz tell?

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@dom.......

dude drool.....sweet deal though......

now be a good boy and tell us what did u do to deserve 18k rebate

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Actually the purchase is under EPP (Employ purchase program). Dell employs acn buy 3~4 products every year under such discounts. And its like he is gifting it to me, am im paying him what he pays for it. It just that simple.

The bill will be on his name, but the shipping address is mine. Dell's customer care says that bill name is transferable. I ll do if after i get hands on it.

@madjeri
where on TVM are u?
Im from Kottayam. Ive many friends there. My bro too is workin in TVM Infosys.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
its ok if the rams not fully utilized. I just need dual channel, thats why i opted 4GB.
And nyone knows if the full 4G is not detected, then will there be performance drop? Coz some 3.2G is detected and its still more than enuf for 2days apps. And this 4G dilemma will be rectified after Vista Sp1, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom