ComputerUser

Journeyman
I am using BSNL's BBG FN Combo 600 plan and recently I got speeds excess of 250 KB/s!:shock: It went upto 780KB/s and after a few minutes fell back to 200 KB/s. Also one of my friends reported the same thing(according to him he received excess speeds for quite a few days!:shock:). But isn't 250 KB/ps the limit for the connection?

sygeek

Technomancer
Yes, it is possible because BSNL connections are not limited. Even I experience speed fluctuations upto 250+KBps for some seconds.

mitraark

Decrepit
After a few minutes , or after a few seconds ???

Usually uTorrent , they calculate speed based on Data Received in a particlar time / TIme period. SUppose uTorrent was busy and unable to process data for a few seconds , all incoming packets of data arrives but are not accounted for . Then , for the next few moments , uTorrent calculates total data received as the data that has come in ,as well as the previously unaccounted data , thus avg, Speed shows a dramatic increase, referred to as spike.

If your friend got high speeds for a few days , that would really be bizzare.

mrintech

Technomancer
I am using AirTel and rarely my speed gets boosted to higher speed (2 Mbps) for half an hour or so. It lasted for around 4.5 Hours constant on a particular day and then came back to normal plan speed :(

Might be some maintenance work going on OR ISP wants to keep their RANDOM customers happy :p

Top Bottom