IS this OVERCLOCKING???

Status
Not open for further replies.

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
hey.... i found a setting in my BIOS settings...Something called
"CPU PnP SETUP" which has a setting that sez "CPU Speed Mhz" which is set to 800(133x6) and can take value to 1066(133x8)... Now i know that when i bought my PC the config said i had a 800 Mhz machine... so now do i have the opportunity to increase the speed to 1.06Ghz???? Pls tell... and if thats possible do i actually require other cooling systems i jus have one fan in my cabilet(for the processor only and yes for the SMPS too) no cabinet cooling :( ....

I got a mercury Kobian 810e FST mobo P3 800 Mhz Machine...

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
: SPiRiT : said:
"CPU PnP SETUP" which has a setting that sez "CPU Speed Mhz" which is set to 800(133x6) and can take value to 1066(133x8)... Now i know that when i bought my PC the config said i had a 800 Mhz machine... so now do i have the opportunity to increase the speed to 1.06Ghz???? Pls tell... and if thats possible do i actually require other cooling systems i jus have one fan in my cabilet(for the processor only and yes for the SMPS too) no cabinet cooling :( ....

I dont think there's a BIOS overclock thing like that. First u need to increase the jumper multiplier setting to 8 on the mobo, then try rebooting and if it does so successfully........;)

Kniwor

Learner
: SPiRiT : said:

yeah this is overclocking and u should not need any extra cooling for this 200Mhz overclock....
but that completely depends on ur particular processor, so just monitor the temperatures... run prime95 and see if it's stable and withing limits are the temps...

then it is fine, no harm done........

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Those mobos have some problem with onboard sound if O/C to extreme.The onboard sound stops workin till frequency is decreased.
P3 dont heat up easily but if u O/C too much and use processor intensive applications with just one system and with summers comin up.. u might be in for some trouble.
Take my advice and O/C to only 900Mhz and in nxt winters O/C to 1000Mhz.
This is my personal experience with P3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom