is this course worth doing??

souvikroy1111

Broken In
i am in commerce stream in class 11th state board and my aim is to do b.com+cs and then work for 3 years and then do my MBA and i recently came across a course from NIIT which is "Diploma in Business Systems Information Management". In this course, i have to do classes in the institue in class 11 (no classes in 12th), b.com 1st and 2nd year (no classes in b.com 3rd year) and then work for 1 year and then i will get the certificate...is doing this course worth doing it?

OP
S

souvikroy1111

Broken In
thanks for your response but i will do what i have planned ie b.com, cs and mba but just wanted to know if this will add any extra to my quaification and job aspects....

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I don't think it will add weight. cause many companies will not consider candidates who have done their major through correspondence or university even if its a reputed institute.

sujoyp

Grand Master
you should do a plain BCom course and do some nice IT courses from institutes....

I did Bcom with computer application and always fall shot of both Bcom guys and IT guys...coz we skip many important commerce subjects in BCom due to addition of IT subject and in job world they dont consider us IT guys :(

After this I did MBA in IT and after that too people didnt consider me IT guy....ultimately I ended up doing Oracle ERP by paying lakhs more ...and getting job there...

soo just beware of the trap...I have experienced the same

Last edited:

Psocial

Right off the assembly line
I think you should finish your bcom and look out for a job . Once you start working , do mcom or mba simultaneously ! Adds a lot of value . These days people do more than 1 mba !

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
IMO, most of these courses are just a waste of your precious time and money. I've done a 3 year Software Engineering diploma from Aptech, and believe me the condition of such institutes is really pathetic. I've friends who did some of these courses from NIIT also, and the situation there is no good either. Most of them don't have proper and experienced faculty to impart you proper knowledge as they want to earn money. No one recognizes any of such Diploma courses except the ones recognized by the Government like DOEACC 'O', 'A' and 'B' level (in IT field), or the CDAC.
I'd suggest you just concentrate well in these two years, secure good marks in your XII boards, try getting admission in one of the good colleges in your region, and again concentrate on you graduation rather than indulging yourself in something else simultaneously. Believe me, it's really very hard to do things simultaneously. I tried doing it. While doing my Graduation (Honours in Geography), I got myself enrolled in the Software Engineering course from Aptech, and just ruined my graduation (both marks and the college life). Everyday when the college got over, my batch mates planned to hangout (as my college was near some tourist hotspots), I rushed to attend classes at my study centre. Though, this helped me gain the reputation of the most Tech Savvy guy in my Department (of Geography) and eventually the title of TECHNOCRAT in the Farewell, and even today after more than 3 years after completing my graduation, I'm approached to design the Poster and Magazine Cover for the Annual Fest and the Annual Magazine, but the cost I paid: Missed the most valuable college days and had a mediocre performance in both the Graduation as well as in the Software Engineering course.

chetnan

Banned
Hi,

My opinion - Complete B.com then CS then grab a job. Take 2 years of work experience then go for MBA. It is very much useful for your career life.

Thanks

Top Bottom