is this activation practise correct for my battery?

sylvia88

Right off the assembly line
hi,guys all here

I'm tired of my weak battery(less than 1 hour working time). So, i have determined to purchase a new one from this website Compaq Presario CQ60 Battery Replacement, Compaq Presario CQ60 Batteries since i have good shopping experience from it. Well, my question is: do i need to activate the Battery Life Extender feature during the initial setup. If yes, what should i do? i read the mannual coming with the shop, which say: there is no need to charge my new battery above 12 hours. However, i charged all my batteries (phone battery, camera battery etc.) for more than 12 hours at the first time use before.

Could I have made mistakes all along time? The sellers have told me that li-ion batteries have no memory effect and i don't need to charge it above 12 hours. Can this recommended practice be trusted by me?

Thank you so much for your help advanced!!

nginx

In the zone
Is battery life extender a special software for your compaq laptop? My bro's Sony Vaio has a similar software. All it does is peg the battery charge to 80% level instead of 100%. This prevents excessive wear and tear on the battery if you use the laptop connected to AC power most of the time. If you run the laptop on battery most of the time, no need to use it as it will give you shorter runtimes on battery.

Li-ion batteries don't need an initial long charge. This is one of those stupid advises ignorant shopkeepers like to give to their customers. Li-ion chargers stop the charging as soon as the battery reaches a pre-determined voltage between 4.1 and 4.2V. There is not even any trickle charge once the charging stops since its particularly harmful for Li-ion batteries. That's why its a waste of time to keep charging for 12 hours. Older non-LSD NiMH batteries used to require trickle charge as they had high self-discharge rate.

Top Bottom