is there any anti-virus for symbianOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
actually...... i'm too lazy to search this on google with sooo many useless results...
i thaught i would use some of ur expertise comments...
today a saw one of my friends demonstrate to me how to blow up an enimies mobile with bluetooth on.......
we were at the cinema... and my friend did a search for blutooth devices..... found loads of em....... and luckily one even accepted the authorization.... as both had the passkey 1 so it was quite a guess..... and my friend sent a virus thru some software and after the movies we saw a guy just talking to his friends about his mobile going blank.....
i'm afraid this can happen to me... i have a nokia 6600...
the thing is that i dont trust my friend.... while transferring files in the usual routine... who knows he thinks something and sends it to me...
is there some type of patch or some "offficial" anti-virus for preventing it....
cause i have heard that when this virus accurs in someones mobile... it is gone.... not even formatting and all can cure it..... is it tru?

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
there are loads of antivirus available for s60
but none is hardly effective
trial and error gets the right av for ur mobile
command antivirus
sim works
symantec
mobile av are a few to name..
but there are ways to remove virus
search for that in digit forum

anandk

Distinguished Member
yes for details click
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28668&highlight=applications

vswizard

Broken In
You wud find a lot of applications here

*Link Edited* Whoah! What in the name of God are you doing? Haven't read the rules? Now will be a good time to go through it. No links to cracked software...of any kind. And do read the part where it says any more such antics will earn you a ban.

ctrl_alt_del

Including Antivirus

fact_speaks

Broken In
If u are lazzy go and get October adittion of DIGIT you will have the antivirus software in it

Status
Not open for further replies.