Is the placement cancelled if there is a backlog in the 7th semester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashraj.joshi

Right off the assembly line
I've got placed in l&t infotech. i already had 2 backlogs in my 2nd year which i cleared before appearing for interview and thus got placed.
the problem is that i got a backlog in 7th semester too. i will clear it before the joining date. but i violate the criteria of only 2 backlogs and passing final year in 1 attempt. will i face any problems during joining...

mrintech

Technomancer
Well one of mine senior got 2 backlogs in his 7th Sem + Had 1 Backlog before he got placed in 6th Sem and later got a Sorry Letter from the Company - But this was at the time of recession

I will suggest you to consult some knowledgeable person from your Training & Placement Cell for this

All the Best

:)

javin

Broken In
Do you have seniors in L&T Infotech. They might be able to provide you accurate information about this. The way companies handle criteria-violation like this may differ from time to time. They can revoke your offer because of violation. They can also consider you and give you the offer inspite of not meeting criteria. If you don't get an offer letter in time, you should call up the L&T Infotecth HR and discuss it.

OP
Y

yashraj.joshi

actually i already received the offer letter and i m currently waiting for my call letter which is expected around 16th of june for a july joining...so does it help if we have someone in the company...do they relax criteria then because i have also heard of such cases where the criteria is relaxed in case you know someone there and they tend to help you out...

Jerin

Journeyman
Yashraj

I have only one thing to tell you, if your academic record is good then you will get job, but it doesn't matter that you can stay on that job. So if they feel you have the talent they will give you a chance, but before joining the job you have clear all the papers.Sometimes some of them give you a 6 months time period for clearing backlogs.

I will advise you to look for more offers . Dont stop giving placements . Having a back up wont be bad . You dont want to end up with nothing.

As for cancellation , As many pointed out call seniors up and ask them about the problem.

DO NOT CALL the L&T HR NOW !

abhidev

Human Spambot
May I know why he shouldn't consult L&T HRs? o_O

coz maybe in case if he finds some frnd in LnT who could help relax the criteria....also let the HR themselves realize it.....till then he can look into other job offers.....:)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
What if they never find out about it?

IMO, lying to your employer is not a good thing to do. Its always better to tell the truth.

Otherwise, if you still get the job because of the lie you told, you will feel guilty for your whole life. And if you can live with that guilt, then go ahead.

And HR cancelling his offer is worst case. What if she said its okay if he clears backlog before final result?

What is there to be guilty about it ? I am just saying dont call the HR now . First find out what the seniors , TPO have to say about it .

I said Dont call the HR now !

abhidev

Human Spambot
IMO, lying to your employer is not a good thing to do. Its always better to tell the truth.

Otherwise, if you still get the job because of the lie you told, you will feel guilty for your whole life. And if you can live with that guilt, then go ahead.

And HR cancelling his offer is worst case. What if she said its okay if he clears backlog before final result?

whats there to feel guilty....he hasn't murdered anyone......if @OP doesn't want to lose a good opportunity..then whats wrong...also he is not lying to them...he is just not gonna tell them......

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
whats there to feel guilty....he hasn't murdered anyone......if @OP doesn't want to lose a good opportunity..then whats wrong...also he is not lying to them...he is just not gonna tell them......

A lie is a lie. And guilty is guilty.

This might not the best way to explain, but consider this:
If your wife is cheating you. She just not telling you that she has a affair.
She didn't lie to you, she just not telling you.

Think over this.

OP
Y

yashraj.joshi

thanks guys for helping me...i will certainly not lie to HR as my marksheet will tell all. i better start looking for someone to query at L&T to see what happens in such cases...anyways i have opted for revaluation and i hope that mumbai university declares the result soon before joining(though chances of that happening are very bleak).

if you have any further suggestions please put them up also...i can use all the help i can get...

abhidev

Human Spambot
A lie is a lie. And guilty is guilty.

This might not the best way to explain, but consider this:
If your wife is cheating you. She just not telling you that she has a affair.
She didn't lie to you, she just not telling you.

Think over this.

a guilt is a guilt...true....but you are comparing wife and company.....
wife-->emotional attachment
company--> shouldn't be emotionally attached
:)

komalpateledu

Broken In
Yes it is important criteria to clear all you backlogs before appearing for interview. There are only few companies which allow you to appear for interview despite of 1 or 2 backlogs not all companies permit this. Also there is a strict rule to clear you backlogs before joining company. So clear it off as soon as possible.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Please ensure that you have cleared you backlogs by the final semester. Though, I don't think it should be a problem as long as you've cleared it by the time you pass out. The decision to induct you is solely the company's discretion and depends upon their policy regarding recruitment.

I think it would be wise if you don't get in touch with L&Ts HR guys right away. Ask someone in your college's T&P department, they might be more well versed about the policies of different companies since they are responsible for bringing companies to the college and deciding who gets an opportunity to attend. Only call the L&T HR guys as a last resort. I'd suggest that you only call the HR guys after you've passed out, cleared and waiting for the call letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom