Is the 2.8C P4 with 800FSB/HT available in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodv

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I'm new to the forums. I am planning to get a new system over the next week or two. I want a Northwood P4. The H/w price list put up on these forums as well as a Delta Peripherals price listing i saw someplace does not mention a 2.8C 800FSB/HT processor. Is this available in India? The price?

Another q. Given the above processor, what would you guys suggest for a good(-to-great) Mobo? I want to overclock good :)

tia
vv

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I think you can find it.It is for 9k.
Also,rather go for amd 2800 64 which is 500-700more but is a bit better @ gaming and tis said that after release of 64bit windows the performance will increase by 20%.It also has 64bit functionality.
2.4c can be oced to 3.6
Also easily 2.4c can oced to 3.2 with ease.

OP
V

vinodv

Thanks for the reply.
I'll consider the amd64.

I really would like to overclock my CPU to around 3.5. Hence my choice of a 2.8C. Do you think a 2.4C will go upto 3.6 on air/stock cooling alone? What cooling soln. available in India will I need otherwise?

And the motherboard?

tia
vv

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
No way u r gonna do 3.6 with a 2.4 with stock air cooling. U'll need water based cooling. And yeah rather than going for the 2.8 go for a AMD 64 which runs very cool and hence is more suitable for overclocking. And yeah finding a northwood 2.8 might be a bit if an exercise.

Btw u can cool .....umm thats not the correct word.......ok freeze ur processor to sub zero temps using liquid nitrogen based cooling or refrigeration. Then u might be able to achieve 4Ghz+ with ur 2.8Ghz.

OP
V

vinodv

Cost

What does the A64 3200+ cost in India?

Between the A64 and the 2.8C which one is more ocable?

-vv

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
A64 cost 14k approx. Dunno abt ocing rates or % however. But i wudnt base my buying decision on overclocking performance.

aadipa

Padawan
akshayt said:
tis said that after release of 64bit windows the performance will increase by 20%

64 bit windows isn't out yet ??

i saw one cd at my friend's place, but it don't even start setup on 32-bit CPUs like P4s and Athlon XPs

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
aadipa said:
akshayt said:
tis said that after release of 64bit windows the performance will increase by 20%

i saw one cd at my friend's place, but it don't even start setup on 32-bit CPUs like P4s and Athlon XPs

No the 64 bit Windows XP isn't out yet. And how do u expect a 64 bit Os to even start set-up on a 32 bit machine. :wink:

aadipa

Padawan
blade_runner said:
aadipa said:
akshayt said:

No the 64 bit Windows XP isn't out yet. And how do u expect a 64 bit Os to even start set-up on a 32 bit machine. :wink:

It was 64 bit Win Xp for sure..

and i want to try it on my 32 bit AthlonXP.. :twisted:

theraven

Technomancer
windows xp 64 bit is out for evaluation
not launched yet
not sure if u can use even vmware to simulate a 64 bit os on a 32 bit comp....
lemme know if it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom