Is Teracopy the fastest out there?

Flash

Lost in speed
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/freeware/172698-better-freeware-fastcopy-v-s-teracopy.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/freeware/165818-how-improve-file-copying-speed-windows-7-a.html

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
On windows 7, teracopy atleast tells the exact time remaining not just "about 10 minutes left". Unlike windows' default copy-paste, i can add/remove things to/from queue too.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
All the 3rd party copy tools gives good UI & more info
but the speed remains same

Only difference I noticed is that if the file is corrupt then these tools will at least copy partial file which in windows default doesn't...though that's useless

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks all, whitestar_999, for that link. Well after creating this topic I did my own tests with Teracopy and Fastcopy, and on every occasion Fastcopy was faster than Teracopy, so I am staying with it. The only botheration is I can not use the normal copy/paste feature, which was a good thing about Tera copy, it provided a pop up, which is missing from Fast copy, clicking the right click every time before pasting something is kinda pita, but I will get used with it I am sure.
I copied a big file of 27 GB from my Hard disk to my external HD with USB 3.0, and the speed difference between Fast and Tera was just 9 seconds, Fast copy was faster obviously, but the deciding factor was for a rather small file of 10 GB, which took 81 seconds with Tera but just 65 with Fast! On both occasions Windows 7 default copier was pretty close to Tera copy, but the problem with Win 7 copier is horribly wrong time remaining message and it's so unstable!

sksundram

In the zone
Neither it's unstable nor it shows wrong remaining time. Microsoft OS calculates it on the basis of time required while sending first packet till last packet.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The main use of these copying utilities has to be the added features by far and not actual speed of copying per se.
Eg. while copying multiple files, if one of the files is corrupt, windows will crap out. But TerraCopy will let you at least continue copying the other files.

kaz

right here
I prefer stock windows copy over teracopy because when there are too many small files then teracopy gets really slow.....

Top Bottom