is single core 3800+ processor better than a 3.2 ghz intel pro???

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Yes it is.....infact the 3000+ comes in competition with the 3GHz procey...So u very well know where the best Athlon64 would stand!! :D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Without a doubt the 3800+ is better than Intel 3.2 GHz.
But if you're considering a 3800+ single core, I'd advise you to spend a little more and get the X2 3800+. Cost difference is negligible.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Rather AMD 64 3000 an oc it u[wards of 2.4GHz from 1.8GHz. or get X2 3800

What is your usage and which Intel CPU are you talking about.

eg: Soem Intel CPUs @ 3.0GHz may be better than AMD 64 3500 for Photoshop. some AMD 64 3200 may be better than some Intel 3.6/3.8GHz for some games. Which Intel CPU are you talking about, there are many 3.2. What usage are you talking of?

S

SE><IE

Well AMD's processors lack in rw number crunching but they sure come out in other(read most) arenas. Ma Athlon 64 3500+ is actually 2.21 Ghz but its nowhere below Intel's 3.8Ghz. Don't go with the no.s baby. :)

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Depends on ur usage ... in gaming a 3200+ would compete with a 3.4 GHz Intel ... but if ur more concerned with encoding , decoding etc. etc. then the 3.4GHz one will have a slight edge .. but considering the price , if u do intend to get a single core , then a 3500+ (keep aside the 3800+) will beat the 3.2 GHz easily ... 3500+ at stock competes with a 3.6 GHz easily ...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
For most purposes, I said. Other than gaming in most things like encoding, decoding, graphics, multitasking etc, won't Intel have a clear lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom