Is my system cool enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshagarwal

Journeyman
I have bought a Amd 64 based pc 2 days ago.
The config is

AMD 64 3000+
Asus A8N-E Mobo
1GB Ram
6600 GT Gfx card PCI-e(XFX)

the temperature shown by nvidia utility for my gfx card is around 54 deg ,

but if i play games for say half an hour the temperature shoots upto 65 deg.

is this normal or my gfx card is getting more hot than usual.

also my CPU temp hovers in the range of 42-52 deg. also tell me even this usual or i have to do something to cool of the temperatures.

thanx in advance

D

dinesh_singh

dear u are cool enough...at load too.
man can u believe my sli setup sometimes go beyond 87 degree and after 90 degree shows artifacts.:))
u are quite normal.u must be from jammu.:p
upto 78 degree 6600gt is normal.beyond this needs proper cooling.so enjoy ur powerhouse running gta san andreas.

D

dinesh_singh

ohhhh...sorry i forgot to tell u one thing...
the temp of ur card and cpu or anyother thing depends upon 2 factors one the surrounding temp and the other ventilation in the cabinet.
if ur room temp is 42 degree u cant expect ur cpu and gpx card to be at 40 degree.u will surely get high numbers.u are normal on cpu side too.

godzi_85

In the zone
hmmmm you should clean the card every two weeks.. hmmm otherwise you`d see a temp increase very soon!! one step at a time..
also if possible you can install a fan on the side cabinet to let out all the hot air from the case... that should help brign down the temps a few more degrees!

u r system configuration is really cool .the system temperature mostly in amd prcessor gets heated faster
its not really a problem
i too have the same configuration (excluding512 ram) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom