Is my PC good enough for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
See I am not a hardcore gamer and just wantu play games smoothly..............

So my config is

1> Intel Pentium D915 (2.8 Ghz 2x2 mb L2 cache)
2> Intel 102G mobo with ATI radeon 300 or something like that
3> 512 mb DDR2(will make it 1 Gb in few days)

please tell me whether i will be able to play most games smoothly or not?

drsethi

Journeyman
Yes, you should be able to play most of the games
Gaming enthusiasts reap the rewards of ATI’s outstanding gaming reputation. Radeon X300 is designed with a 4 pipe rendering architecture. It provides full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9, and ATI’s SmartShader™ and SmoothVision™ technologies to deliver impressive processing power, and superior 3D image quality. All this ensures that the Radeon X300 fully supports today’s game titles, allowing for a much better gaming experience.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
codename_romeo said:
See I am not a hardcore gamer and just wantu play games smoothly..............

So my config is

1> Intel Pentium D915 (2.8 Ghz 2x2 mb L2 cache)
2> Intel 102G mobo with ATI radeon 300 or something like that
3> 512 mb DDR2(will make it 1 Gb in few days)

please tell me whether i will be able to play most games smoothly or not?
Yes it will play ALL the games that are out there as on date at Medium settings...If you see in my signature I use a system lower than yours...before I got the Gfx7600GT (which was just about a couple of months ago) I could play all the games at medium settings and everything played pretty smoothly...hardcore gamers will disagree because what you & I conisder "smooth" is too slow for them as nothing less than the very best is good enough for them...ofcourse there is a BIG difference in playing games when you add a Graphics card. Your mobo does support a PCI-e slot so why don't you buy an entry level graphics card like NVidia 7300LE which will cost (Rs.3000) just as much as another 512mb RAM...that is if gaming is very important to you and you don't want to spend too much but if you can spend a bit more money than go for a mid range card like the NVidia7600 GS or GT

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Well i am planning to get a gpu very soon........
just the thing that i wantede to try out my onboard graphics b4 i went in for a gpu...................... is the processor n mobo good enough

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Well...they are "good" .......but maybe not the best.....but I think it'll serve your purpose.....don't worry! :) just try to get 1GB ram and a gfx card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom