Is Microsot Security Essentials good enough?

thenishant

Right off the assembly line
Somebody has suggested me to use MSE in my laptop. I have read it that MSE has less detection rate but it's absolutely free forever and easy to use. So far I'd been using Avira free edition with Threatfire in my desktop. Can I safely run MSE with Threatfire? What are the shortcomings of MSE?

Gauravs90

geek........
MSE is good and reliable sites are giving good reviews to it.

If using avira then no need to change it

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
No, don't go for MSE.. :)

Though, it is nice, but may hang your system. :) (at least it did mine, whenever I set it to scan my 500GB HDD) :(

knight17

In the zone
I think yes. It is good enough. But if you are not satisfied with it, I would suggest Avast Free edition.

pauldmps

Banned
Avast free caused my Internet connection to completely halt. I had to reinstall the OS. I'm happy with MSE. It has the best detection rate after Avira.

knight17

In the zone
Never had any problem in 5+ systems

Avast free caused my Internet connection to completely halt. I had to reinstall the OS. I'm happy with MSE. It has the best detection rate after Avira.

I never had any problems with Avast in more than 5+ systems that I know. What happened to you may be some settings mismatch in the network/firewall space. Your mileage may vary. If that is the case there is nothing wrong with MSE.

I just don't want to install it on pirated windows. Hence I generally recommend a free AV

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^^^ I have been using avast since i booted my pc for the first time. Avast 5 is great and also look cool. grab it mate its free ;)

the_souvik

Addicted
I am using mse for sometime and find it more system hungry than the above mentioned free editions.mse is good but in my opinion avg free is more than enough.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
MSE is one of best free antivirus for windows. I have read many good reviews about it. Good thing about this is, its light and fast on windows.

abhijangda

Padawan
no, dont use MSE. hackers moslty targets microsoft products, so dont use it. if u have avira then thats good. just use it. also give linux a try, if u r very much concerned about security.

Top Bottom