Is it worth selling Nokia Lumia 520 for Moto-E?

H2O

Journeyman
I bought Nokia Lumai 520 around eight odd months ago and while I am relatively satisfied with it, the lack of good apps being released quickly can certainly be an issue. No Android phone was close to Lumia 520 in terms of vfm them but after looking at Moto E's specs and reviews, I am very tempted to get one.

So, is it worth selling the Nokia Lumia 520 to get the Moto-E?

Thanks.

ashs1

Padawan
If you aren't going to use the motoE camera regularly, then MotoE is a good choice. MotoE's Camera is just plain bad. :( ( no AF !! )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
IMHO, switching to Moto E from Lumia 520 just to get those apps is worth it. But you'll miss autofocus in camera which is a big issue if you used L520's camera a lot. On the other hand, if you want to upgrade to Moto G, then +1 to it.

rdx_halo

In the zone
No, Just wait for windows 8.1 update then it will be almost like android with file manager and notification bar etc. As for the apps there has been a steady rise a almost all android apps are available (yes some are paid) in windows.
Now from the financial point of view if you sell 520 and go for Moto E you will have to spend atleast 2000 more (suppose you sell 520 @ 5000/-) and buy moto at 7000/- . Why don't you spend only 500 -1000 to buy the apps from windows ? ( most apps are prices Rs. 55, 155, 260). Lumia is still speeder than Moto E. Spec sheets don't tell the real story. Sure, Moto E has the best hardware at first look, but Lumia 520 does not need as much RAM and as big a battery to deliver similar performance.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I bought Nokia Lumai 520 around eight odd months ago and while I am relatively satisfied with it, the lack of good apps being released quickly can certainly be an issue. No Android phone was close to Lumia 520 in terms of vfm them but after looking at Moto E's specs and reviews, I am very tempted to get one.

So, is it worth selling the Nokia Lumia 520 to get the Moto-E?

Thanks.

care to share the apps names you might use in moto E?? there could be alternatives on WP store. are you on WP black or on 8.1 developer preview?if no, try it out.
nowadays more and more apps are coming to WP market quite regularly. video editing apps, file managers etc are readily available on the store.

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
care to share the apps names you might use in moto E?? there could be alternatives on WP store. are you on WP black or on 8.1 developer preview?if no, try it out.
nowadays more and more apps are coming to WP market quite regularly. video editing apps, file managers etc are readily available on the store.

QuizUp etc.

Innocent Lies

Broken In
Are you seriously going to spend over 2k just to play one game?

IMO a 520 is an overall better phone. Even if you dont use a camera, its performance is as good as Moto E. (specs in android generally need to be higher for equivalent performance)

Doesn't make sense unless a few crucial things are missing.

Flash

Lost in speed
QuizUp etc.

Quizit is a QuizUp client for Windows Phone, and it's already in works.

Check out QuizIt in action, an upcoming QuizUp client for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

You can also try Quiz Bowl | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
stick to lumia 520,not worth getting a new phone just for games and lose out on a good camera etc

Sriasvsnvarma

Right off the assembly line
No, moto E is no where infront of Lumia 520. Moto E back cover will get loosen with just 2 3 times. Many people are complaining. 2nd and most important point is IMEI new number's not registered in India so will not work in India. More over coming to first point back cover if it moves up& down can you able to use that comfortably. Think wisely and stick to Lumia 520.

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies, lads.

I have changed my plan a bit. I am trying to see if I can get Moto G. Otherwise, I will stick to Lumia 520.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanks for the replies, lads.

I have changed my plan a bit. I am trying to see if I can get Moto G. Otherwise, I will stick to Lumia 520.

moto g is a good choice and is a great upgrade from 520
moto e isnt worth selling your 520

P

Paul_Fernandes

If you are a regular camera user than you nokia 520 is far more better than moto e..
And if you are bugged up using windows than make an immediate switch.. Coz moto e is bannging hard.. You get a feeling of owning a mini nexus..:-D

Top Bottom