Is it worth it?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Hey guys...one of my friend is in US now. So do you think its worth getting Galaxy Nexus 16Gb for arnd 22-23k??

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
I mean m bit hesitant abt it....but tempted to get it too :-?

As google is supposed to reveal total 5 Nexus products....out of which 3 are already revealed(Nexus, Nexus 7, Nexus Q) and the other 2 are rumored to be the next Nexus phone and a 10.1 inch Tablet by fall this year. I am wondering if this will slash out the Nexus prices down or maybe release a new Nexus for arnd 30k ?

SunE

Professional Newbie
Nexus Q has already been delayed. 10.1" Nexus is a dream right now though a new Nexus by the year end is definitely gonna come. So now it's up to you. If you can wait, then wait. If you can't, get a Nexus right now. It'll be really helpful if you can tell what it is exactly that you'll do on your phone the most.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well if those are your uses then the limited 16GB memory(11 GB usable) may not be enough as good games like Gameloft HD games and EA HD games are easily over 1GB each. But if you'll be playing only a couple of games at a time or light games then it should be fine. However if you're looking forward to playing any particular game, do watch a vid on YouTube as to how that game runs on the device.

I'm focusing mainly on gaming performance since it's the most hardware intensive task. Browsing, music will be absolutely fine.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
^If u get Nexus from US..also consider its warranty in India

I am assuming that atleast for one yr the phone won't go kaput....after that anyways no one can't guarantee what may go wrong...I was just considering it coz it has 4.65inch gorgeous screen and is comparable to S2 performance wise(not better than S2 of-course). the deal is so tempting but m confused :-?

@SUNE : most of the HD games should work smoothly right?

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
yes yes yes...just go for it!!!
there is not future proof phone like the nexus series...!!!
GOOGLE NEXUS S launched with gingerbread,got ICS and the got JB too!!!
Galaxy Nexus launched with ICS got JB and will most propably get Key Lime Pie too(rumoured next version of android)

or if the htc one s (with snapdargon s4) is sellig for same price then tell him to get that...
beats even the htc one x in some benchmarks and real world performance too..
and one s is getting jelly bean

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
I don't think HTC one S would come on that cost
..its just google who has slashed the prices from 400$ to 350$

SunE

Professional Newbie
Dude just YouTube "galaxy nexus <game name>" and see for yourself whether the games of your choice running smoothly or not. Regarding the price it's $349+10(shipping)+taxes.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yea...m getting it 4 389$ including shipping n tax...man should i get it....not able to decide :-?

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well 389$ is about 21.4k so at that price you should definitely consider buying it since no other phone available at the same price range in India is as good as this. Another option you can consider is buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0(P3100). I think it's the best phone in the Indian market for under 19k (even though technically it's a tab).

Reason I say this because Samsung products sold in the US are manufactured in China and according to a latest report Samsung's Chinese factories use child labor and physically abuse it's workers. Thus I feel it's morally wrong to buy something like that.

But thankfully in India the Samsung products sold are manufactured in Vietnam(incl. my Note). So no moral sh!t there :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^no body can predict the how long a mobile will lasts in competition

there are new mobiles in every sunrise

Top Bottom