Is It True????

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanibhushan

Broken In
hey,

i heard from a friend of mine that roaming charges can be avoided by changing the service center number... (sounds logical to me!!!) but will it work??
by the way can anyone give me the service center number (airtel) of either delhi or chandigarh???

OP
P

phanibhushan

Broken In
anarchist said:
service center no.? what is that?

to avoid the confusion, its MESSAGE CENTER NO.

go to text messaging> settings> service/message center number
(on nokia phones... dunno bout otheres)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
You can avoid the roaming charges this way:
Goto network settings of your phone.
Select network selection as manual.
Now suppose your Service Provider is Airtel (say).
While you are going out of station change your setting to manual.
Now the phone will search for available Service Providers and will provide you a list of available networks. Select your provider(Airtel in this case).
And you are done..:)
Note: This method works in metropolitan and other select cities only...
----------------------------------

No need to change the Message Center no..

A

anarchist

^ that works only if your home network has reach upto you i.e. you are within 5-10 Km from home network. when you will go far distance, home network signal can not reach you. so it is usefull only for moving on the state borders, where mobile will select strongest signals

Message center no. is only for messages, not for calls.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
anarchist said:
^ that works only if your home network has reach upto you i.e. you are within 5-10 Km from home network. when you will go far distance, home network signal can not reach you. so it is usefull only for moving on the state borders, where mobile will select strongest signals

No, I live in Orissa and this method works when i am in Hyderabad. You can confirm about this from Airtel.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ yup lucky is right ..... aslong u select only airtel by manually searching for them then u wont be charged .... but only if u recieve msgs and calls .... the moment u send a msg or make a call even this method fails

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^^Yah, this method is only for avoiding the roaming charges that amount to Rs 50/- (i don't remember) and that is one time cutoff only.

A

anarchist

^that fixed 50/- has been waived off by TRAI 3-4 days back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom