Is it the right time to buy an Xbox 360??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Hello Fellow Gamers...
I am finally about to buy an Xbox 360 premium console (unmodded) sold officially here in India... (finally got the cash ready... phew!!). Please tell me if it's the right time to buy the console or should I wait for a month or two for any offers that may be around the corner (has anybody heard of upcoming offers)?

I checked out a few stores and all of them had 2006 models (roughly two years old..). Aren't newer models available here in India (I live in Delhi)??

Also can existing owners of the X360 console post their experiences (mainly with RRoD).

And last but not the least, please suggest some good games and accessories that I should buy along with the console.

PS: I don't want any suggestions on buying the PS3 instead. It doesn't have any games which interest me.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
u can get new console in delhi its available.that planet m , C.place has them .
also no new offers till diwali or new yr.pretty sure abt that .
RROD- the falcon models,ie the newer ones have a lesser chance of RROD though this prob is yet to be eradicated.if u encounter it call MS helpline and u get a complaint code and MS guy pics console from ur house , u get a new one within a day or two.
do get good batteries and a separate charger.play n charge kit takes a lot of time .so i suggest u get GP power bank (godrej) charger and batteries.they rock.i have the 2600 model batteries and i charge them once in a week, playing abt 2-3hrs each day.

P

paranj

wow this is the first person who is stern and firm against buying a PS3! Rock on buddy, u have a good brain! Am getting a X360 after a month too. I suggest u buy GTA 4 and Gears of War. Devil May Cry 4 and Assassins Creed too are worth the attention :) rock on game on :D

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
XBOX 360 is a good VFM option and I myself would buy it if they completely eradicate the RROD's. Current failure rate of XBOX 360 has been said to be 33% but might have come down. The new machines dunno Falcon or what are said to be RROD proof. It occurs mainly as they say due to heating and here in India temperatures do rise quickly so its not a stable platform yet. Wait for its solution if you can otherwise go ahead and take the plunge. :D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^...
wait for 4 months..let jasper hit the market..... falcons are NOT RROD proof......

If jasper come to official buy it..but i doubt it....
or grey market.....

OP
A

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Hey thank u so much guys for all the info. They are a great help.

@nish_higher: I'll check out the planet m at CP. Thanks man.

@paranj: I did consider the PS3 for a while (well only for 15 mins) once, but when I checked out the games for it, their steep prices and limited availability, I promptly dropped the idea.

Hey please tell me another thing. Is Xbox Live Gold available in India and what's the minimum internet speed required for it?

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^...

Live gold is here....about 2.5k or so for a year..i think...

256 Kbps is more than enough.......

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My questions to you guys:

1. Is Jasper gonna be totally RROD proof ?
  2. How do we pay for XBOX GOLD Live if one doesn't have a Credit Card?
  3. What's the price of game title for XBOX 360 ?
  4. How long before Jasper hits Indian shores ?
As most of you know I'll be going the PS3 way but if the things shape up good for XBOX 360, won't mind switching(and saving some money for PC upgrade).;)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
1.yes, thats what they say.and its gonna feature GPU by ATi which will produce less heat

2. gold card can be purchased from any shop where u get xbox 360 originals.

3.max is 2.5k.i got lynx india's price list and its quite cheaper than retail stores.but he's yet to start that

4.dont expect it soon.first they wiill clear old stocks by some new offer.if u remember , that christmas offer last yr had OCt 06 consoles everywhere.i think they are gonna do the same.get a new offer , lure ppl to get 360 s and then roll out the new ones.btw they dont have a release date.all are talking abt them in august (most of the websites) , some in december while it was earlier rumoured to be out in may.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
My questions to you guys:

1. Is Jasper gonna be totally RROD proof ?
  2. How do we pay for XBOX GOLD Live if one doesn't have a Credit Card?
  3. What's the price of game title for XBOX 360 ?
  4. How long before Jasper hits Indian shores ?
As most of you know I'll be going the PS3 way but if the things shape up good for XBOX 360, won't mind switching(and saving some money for PC upgrade).;)

1. Most probably...new heat dissipationand layout is good
2. Buy the card from any shops like croma or somewher....
3. 999 to 2.5k
4. Dont count on it..it may be sudden or may take 6 to 1 year from IT'S release..so u can see abt 1 year min date...

jasper to hit in 4 months max.mostly less....

If the upgrade is on pipe go ahead with it...coz ur wait could turn out VERY long dear...

P

paranj

i should say buy it. if u get a RROD later replace it and M$ will giv u the new console if its out by that time.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^...

RROD warranty is 3years..so ur covered good

Means new Jasper console, for free? :p

Dont even count on it.....

Too much 360's on replacement cycle.....

falcons have been launched for months..not a single one have been got by anyone yet.....

and coming to jasper.... Please No way.....

Too much crap they have to unload on indian customers..... :(

Last edited:
OP
A

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Well, I went around to quite a few stores in Delhi and none of them have any new models for the 360. All the pro systems are from the 2006 batch. In fact one of the stores I went to (which was out of stock of 360s) tried to order a newer model for me but in the end said that only the 2006 models are available in India. I'm really confused whether to buy it or not. Does anybody here actually own a newer official model?? Suggestions please...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^....buy the elite.....newer model...albeit expensive.....its based on falcon too..if it pacify's ur peace of mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom