is it the right time or wait..plz help...need advice?

karthik55859

Broken In
hello guyz,
coming to the point that...i am planning to buy a new midrange gaming pc...but i am confused ...about the timing ....as i googled... i came to know some of the big mobo comp.. are preparing new chipsets along with pci express 3.0....every year amd is releasing every new line of gpu for Christmas season..so i hope this season also they launch some beasts....i can wait for another 4-5 months..i am in no hurry...as i already have descent rig somewhat like a old gaming pc bought 2yrs ago...so i need your opinion ...whether its make sense to wait or else then buy now...as there is partial improvements of performance will be 20% compared previous gen products...{including cpu,gpu}

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. it is better to wait as AMD is bringing out Bulldozen by end of September and we should see BD based CPUs at all price points by end of this year. and btw, PCI 3.0 will not be utilized unless you have a SLI/CF setup combining ridiculously powered GPUs. For a midrange GPU, it won't better whether it is 2.0 or 2.1 or 3.0

sukesh1090

Adam young
wait for the bulldozer.and i don't think pci e 3.0 gonna help you for your mid range pc,it will be of use only for high end cards.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
PCIe 3.0 is not going to matter at least for some years to come. Better wait till next year for buying a PC. AMD will release Bulldozer CPUs in September. And in November, both Radeon HD7000 and Intel SNB-E are expected to be released. The later two would at least bring down the prices of the current products. So it's better to wait. :)

Top Bottom