Is it possible to log into orkut simultaneously from 2 computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Don't u think dat this is a security flaw. Coz if a person comes to know of another person's password, then dats it. I mean if u log into the yahoo network simultaneously from 2 pcs then on one of them, u will b asked for the password. No security of that kind in one of the world's largest social networking sites.
STRANGE:confused:

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
asnvin said:
Yes.

You can log into same account from the same computer using two different browsers as well
Well, logging in from the same computer doesn't matter but when u r logging in from 2 computers simultaneously, there r 2 different ips at play:lol:
Think about it;)

slugger

Banned
if 1 nos d others pw den dat means dat d others pw is already compromised. it doesnt matter if simul logins allowed or not

if d unauthorised guy/gal wants 2 deny access 2 d other legit user he can easily change d pw and d legit user will again b asked 4 pw

and if he just wants 2 snoop on him he can always do it wen d other is not likely 2 b online, w/o changin d pw

so d risks r pretty much inconsequential

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Yes you can. My friend logged into my account (when I was online) and starting flirting a girl which I hated :p. I was confused for about half an hour till he told me whats the "maajra" :D

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
But then, isnt there ne setting on orkut's site dat they will reject simul login from more than one ip. They can do atleast that much.............

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ Why are you so being so paranoid about this? Just dont give your login and pass to somebody and change the pass periodically. Its simple. You dont have to worry all that.:)

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
I am not an orkut user, so worrying is out of question.

The reason behind posting this thread was getting to know if this is a security flaw. But by the kind of response that i have got, i feel this is not a security issue at all. Ok. So be it.

uniaxaj

Right off the assembly line
use a proxy lik th one below
*www.pagemod.com

goto the site:
Enter URL in the box and
BROWSE!! and FAST too.They have got multiple Dedicated Servers Running
This website 100% not blocked

Also they have a secure server mode *www.pagemod.com
Even Email and group Subscription to get updates on new domains
so to be sure you can access.. even if their primary domain gets blocked
No restrictions!!