Is it ok to buy a single rechargeable battery rather than a pair of batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I recently lost one of the rechargeable batteries from a pair. Now I'm left with only one. Is it ok if I buy a single Rechargeable battery instead of a new pair? I had read somewhere not to use two different types of batteries somewhere. What do you all suggest? Should I throw this one battery and go for a new pair of rechargeable batteries. I predominantly use it for my digital camera.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Do you even get single recharable batteries? I would suggest go for a new set... this makes both the batteries have the same power and use level.
Though if you do get a single one, the camera will (mostly) not be damaged.

mrintech

Technomancer
lol

the second statement was made after Anorion Posted... In first case I didn't consider Digi Cost... but in second I thought about the health of your precious Digi ;)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Digicam won't be harmed by that , but battery performance will degrade due to health of old battery(It will be very old, else the other one wouldn't have died).

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
It is advisable to use the same type of battery from the same brand. Mixing of batteries results in decrease in performance.

As anorion said already, you won't be able to get a single battery, as they come in a pair. I too suggest you buy a new set and use the old single battery for some other purposes like in remote control, clock etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom