Is It Enough using Kaspersky 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireblues

Broken In
I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. Is it enough for my BSNL BB Connection on my Vista Toshiba Laptop? or shall i use Comodo or any other firewall or antispyware or any security for additional defence? If I use... Any conflicts will arise? What to do with windows firewall? switch off or on? Kindly help me in setting up Very GooD defence SW in my lap.

amitash

Intel OCer
I have used kis for 1.5 years now without any virus attacks..no windows firewall....a security software can only do so much...you need a little knowledge about comps and common sense to keep viruses at bay

i m using avast antivirus home edition from more than 1 year and from 4 months i m updating it regularly and there is no problem of virus. i think it is best free solution. just use spybot antispyware with this. both are free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Kasp is the best you will get out there. If you see the ratings also it will be on #1 all the time or atleast on top 3.

+1 for Kasp.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
KIS is the best suite on the market. However, I'd advise using MBAM or AntiSpyware as a second level of defense.

If you need more security, you'll have to go with individual components. NOD32 4.0b/KAV '09/NAV'09/Avira for AV, Comodo/Online Armor 3.1 in HIPS mode as a software firewall along with a NAT enabled router and MBAM/AntiSpyware in resident memory for spyware. For even more security, use SandboxIE.

Of course, the easiest way out is to ditch Windows altogether and embrace Linux. ;) Use XP in a virtual box if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom