is it a fake nokia handset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utkarsh009

In the zone
guys, i need your help again. one of my unaware friends purchased a nokia mobile (as he says). he says that this phone has not yet been launched in india. he says that he bought it second hand for 13k and its actual price is 30k. the name of the phone is nokia n98i. is it really a nokia phone? i haven't even heard about n98 and he says it is n98i. after researching a bit i found that it is a cheap chinese mobile and has a camera of 0.3 MP but he says that his phone has 8MP camera. has he been cheated. guys, tell me about it. is there any such nokia phone? or does any nokia phone has 8MP camera?

pauldmps

Banned
Obviously Fake.

See this: Nokia Support Discussions - is there is phone called nokia n98i - Nokia Support Discussions

And what did you decide about your dual-sim handset ? Let me know.

niraj87

Broken In
Real Nokia N98
Nokia N98 with 7.2 Megapixels camera and 3.5 Inch touchscreen

Fake Nokia N98
Nokia N98 Pics Out : Specs, reviews and prices.

Still not sure abt which handset ur talkin abt.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
Introduce that guy to this magical and mysterious thing called Google search :).

hey man i know very well about google search and i also saw this thread over there. the only thing is that i know that the members of this forum are awesome so i wanted to confirm my information. i always confirm things before reporting it to anyone. anyways, thanks for your reply

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Read again. I said introduce THAT guy (which naturally indicates pointed towards your friend) to google.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ No worries ;). Just read properly next time. We spent 10+2+3 years atleast with books by reading, its a shame if you leave proper reading now :).

vishurocks

Journeyman
There is no phone called nokia n98. Check the links posted by niraj, u will find it in first look. Runs series70(as seen on the page), there is nothing like series70. These are just fake chinese craps. U will even find guys selling n8 lookalikes at 10k or even 8k.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
some guys are just oversmart!!!!!! my friend who bought this fake nokia set is not ready to listen to me. he says that this phone has not been launched yet so nobody knows about it. i showed him all the proofs but he is not ready to believe me. he also called a phone retailer who told that there is a phone called n98 which i was disagreeing with. but he also told that nokia n98i does not exist. anyways i am not going to die for convincing him but i want you to list out all the nokia phones in the n series. thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!

guys look at these : etalkindia.com/talk/mobile-phone-handset-news-reviews/3137-nokia-n98-12-mega-pixel-camera-announced-information.html Nokia N98, is it better than iPhone? , are these true? tell me if n98 exists?

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Did you see the date of the post you linked above ? It is of 2008. That time a photoshopped image of a Nokia concept phone emerged on the web.

Does the phone purchased by your friend looks like that one or is it like this:
YouTube - NEW NOKIA N98

Doesn't matter anyways. Because the concept phone never became a reality.

And one more thing, Nokia phones have changed thier model nomenclature. So any new phone from Nokia would have a single digit as its model no. & not two digits. eg: n8, n9 , x6, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom