Is Fujifilm X-F1 a good buy for Rs13,400

vikash

Journeyman
Is Fujifilm X-F1 a good buy>> A DSLR under 30k

I am looking for a point and shoot camera, with some manual controls and I came across this camera. I couldn't do a lot of research on the subject, due to my in-experience in the field.
--Questionnaire

What's your budget?
Upto 20k

Camera type?
Point and Shoot

Body Style?
Compact or Bridge (bulky) not quite of an issue

How much zoom do you want/expect?
Will be nice to get some decent optical zoom, but still image quality is the primary objective

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Yes

What will you be shooting with this camera?
Friends and families, mostly.

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
Mostly out doors.

Video?
Not an issue

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
Fujifilm X-F1 (for it's picture quality (as read from sources), am still a noob in much of understanding )

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
No

From where will you be buying?
Online/Local store whichever is reliable

Any other features you need?
Viewfinder, Image stabilization, Continuous drive/burst mode, Wifi, External flash, mic jack, HDMI, Remote, GPS, Articulated screen, Weatherproof, Extra frills like Panorama, HDR etc, battery type...

It would be great if I can get RAW pictures, I like experimenting on photoshop.

Anything else you would like to tell us?.
-Noticed that X-F1 supports RAW pictures.
-I don't care about the megapixels, as I have come across some cameras with UHD resolution and not at all good picture quality.
-Not looking for an SLR right now, but would love to get as much manual controls as possible.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, XF1 for 13k is a good buy.

- Yes. But how flexible? 20k, 30k, 50k or no limit. You can go as high as RX1.
- Correct
- Fine.
- More the controls, higher the price will be.

We could use more info than these. If you don't have a clue, find the questionnaire (in my signature) and see if you can feed us more information.

sujoyp

Grand Master
fujifilm is a great buy for photo enthusiast but remember it have just 3x optical zoom if it matters to you...and it looks awesome

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Just look at these pics from a xf-1. Mindblowing for such a budget cam. Looks like taken from a high end dslr. Another great alternative is the olympus xz-10 costing almost the same.

Capturing the 2013 Austin Fan Fest with the Fuji XF1 | atmtx photo blog

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
Yes, XF1 for 13k is a good buy.

- Yes. But how flexible? 20k, 30k, 50k or no limit. You can go as high as RX1.
- Correct
- Fine.
- More the controls, higher the price will be.

We could use more info than these. If you don't have a clue, find the questionnaire (in my signature) and see if you can feed us more information.

Added the questionnaire.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Large sensor compact - XF1, P340
If you fancy more controls, features and ok with typical small sensor, you can check out XZ10.
All of the above models costs around/under 15k

P340 will score in IQ, but slow performance, poor menu options.
XF1 IQ will be close to P340, but poor quality zoom ring.
XZ10 - Jaw dropping features for this price range, but typical small sensor.

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
So, your personal preference- XF1 or P340.
If it's P340, given the price difference of 4k, is it worth it.
And if it's XF1, I better hurry.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
My personal choice would be XZ10. But undoubtedly it's IQ won't match P340 or XF1. Still I would pick XZ10 for the amount of controls, built, features...

Buy the one you like. Check the models in near by stores and decide. :)

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
UPDATE: Now I am thinking that the phone cameras are not bad and I also have a digital camera, which is, at least getting the job done. So, thinking about an SLR now. So should I post it as a new thread?

-Budget 30k+4k(strech if missing some beauty).
-I'll put the questionnaire once I get a green signal from you guys, whether to start a new thread, or continue here itself.
-BTW there is some craziness in flipkart for Nikon D5100. [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION], you being a canon guy, will be the best to guide me through.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION], saw your comment-
*www.digit.in/forum/cameras-camcorders/161746-camera-talk-post2146422.html#post2146422

That can save me a whole lot of money. Is it a go...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you want to open a new thread, open one. Just post a link to this thread, so you can avoid post like "why you want to buy XF1 and a DSLR". ;)

I guess you can change the thread title, but I am not sure. (Sample title - Is Fujifilm X-F1 a good buy? > WTB a DSLR - 30k)

Right now 1100D (Both body+kit and dual lens combo) is a steal.

600D price has increased, so I wouldn't suggest unless it's selling around/under 28k.
Newer Nikon models have plenty of pixels and noticeably better IQ than their predecessor. But I would stick with the older ones D3100/D5100 as I can get it much cheaper. The same applies to 1200D as well. :)

Point to note: If you're buying Nikon DSLR, just make sure the seller is authorized Nikon dealer. If you're buying online, ask the sellers details including address and verify them @ Nikon's site. Nikon have more than 2500 authorized dealers in India.

Nikon won't honour warranty if you bought it from non-authorized seller. Up to my knowledge, Canon didn't announce such statement. So we are good with Canon (at least for now).

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
What about the picture quality when put against d5100 of Nikon. I saw somewhere in the forum ki both d5100 and 1100d are old in terms of hardware. As I said I am no pro, but still I mean a beauty at just 17k would make me the happiest person on earth.
So, just give me a green signal to buy this one. So that I don't wait anymore. :-D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Based on the reviews, IQ of 1100D is not as good as D3100/5100/3200/3300/5200. But I don't see any massive/or any gap between in IQ among those cameras.
Check these links and have fun the tool ;)

*www.digitalversus.com/digital-camera/face-off

Studio shot comparison: Digital Photography Review

Canon Rebel T3 / EOS 1100D Review: Digital Photography Review

OP
vikash

vikash

Journeyman
Discussion moved to *www.digit.in/forum/cameras-camcorders/186245-dslr-under-30k.html
-------
I don't know how to close the thread!!

Top Bottom