Is DC harmful??

Orpheus

Broken In
OK..here the story goes...I have a PS3 console,A LCD(BenQE2220HD),2 Laptops and Powered HDDs. My area suffers from erratic power cuts and hence I thought investing in a UPS and hooking up all the mentioned devices will be beneficial and bought the UPS(iBall nirantar 621):???: . But now one my friends(A techie) told me..I run the risk of ruining my console if there is even a slight fluctuation (Cause of the DC)..:C_cry: is this correct?...Can't I use the UPS with any of the stuff written above?? :shock:

Please Help Out folks!...:cry:

pauldmps

Banned
^^ DC ? Where DC ? All the appliances you mentioned run on AC. Your friend has no idea on how a UPS works. The UPS stores energy in the battery (DC) but converts in into AC before supplying. And an UPS has proper mechanism to filter out & smoothen fluctuations. The UPS rather protects the appliances used with it. But be sure that the UPS has proper rating to handle the load you hook up to it.

OP
Orpheus

Orpheus

Broken In
Ok..sure!....Hmm...The UPS would be hooked up with the LCD and PS3 and just 2 HDDs...I think a 600V UPS is more than sufficient for that job!! :p
U agree??

Top Bottom