Is Coolermaster HAF X really worthy ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameranand

Living to Play
I read many reviews of cooler master HAF X and didn't saw a single negetive review.(Please provide link if there are any) But to my surprise I didn't saw anyone herd recommending that to anyone and I didn't saw it in PC Config thread even for higher end gaming rigs. So here comes the question Is it not worth its price or are there any drawbacks in this rig ?? Whats your take on this product.

Cooler Master Official Site

Guru3d Review
Overclockers Club Review
Hardwaresecrets Review
*hardwaresphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cooler-master-haf-x-full-tower-pc-case-inner-rear-600x422.jpg
*legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1311/cooler_master_haf_x_001.jpg

Last edited:

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
May be due to it's price, it's not affordable & recommended to everyone.
HAF X - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply.
You can try other cabs from lian li, nzxt, corsair.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
May be due to it's price, it's not affordable & recommended to everyone.
HAF X - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply.
You can try other cabs from lian li, nzxt, corsair.

Like what which can be compared to this cabby ??

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
I'm also on mobile now will update after getting to pc, you can try lian li k52, corsair carbide series, but no guarantee of local availability.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
The HAF X is the big brother of the 932. My brother owns a 932 its huge, rock solid, good airflow, awesome monsterous looks. The series could be expensive but its totally worth the price. The case itself is very stable he uses it as a chair or a ladder. The X supports USB 3.0. If you want to be one of the elite HAF users then it is a great buy. Although there are cheaper cases performing equal or better to the HAF X, but they might not be as durable as the HAF X is.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
To be honest I don't think that anything comes to comparison with this cabby at that price point. Although I am not much in this so can't really say much. As much as I have seen its the best.

Last edited:

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
^Hey check these links
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!.
Corsair
one small doubt are planning to buy one or just enquiring.?

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
many are touting the Xigmatek Elysium as a worthy contender to the HAF-X now....some say the HAF-X has finally got a competitor now.

XIGMATEK

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
^Hey check these links
Corsair
one small doubt are planning to buy one or just enquiring.?

Yes I have to buy a rig but not very soon though.
I have seen those already and found Haf X better than these.

many are touting the Xigmatek Elysium as a worthy contender to the HAF-X now....some say the HAF-X has finally got a competitor now.

XIGMATEK

Is it even available in India ??

d3p

PowerHouse
There are few cabinets, which are good with their own purpose.

1). Lan Boy : Costs 13k approx. A complete handy Cabinet with good looks & colors. Completely one can diassemble it & its a must for LAN Parties or BYOC fans.

2). Silverstone Raven: Not easily available [online buy is the only option]. Matte Finish & awesome looks, but bad air flow compared to HAF 932 or X.

3). Corsair Obsidian 800D: Costs 13k, not easily available at next door shop. But really meant for some gr8 OCers with Custom H20 machines.

4). HAF X: Best in its own terms. One of the best affordable Full Towers atm, but cheap build just like HAF 932.

5). NZXT Phantom: Not available easily, priced at 8k online & at the price point of view, no one can beat this. But not a good option for Custom H20, otherwise its rules....

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
NZXT Phantom beats HAF X in terms of their respective price and it is also better value for money with almost all hthe components are same +inbuilt fan controller -front USB3.0 ports.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ well, Phantom is plasticky. HAF X is better. :p I'm not taking away anything from NZXT in the mid-tower segment though. If I'll build a config for myself, it will have NZXT Tempest Evo and if I'll build a config for my sister, it'll have Gamma.

imho, PSU and Cabinet are the only components which are 'future-proof' in the true sense. Full-tower cabinets are a one time investment and it's highly unlikely that you'll outgrow them. You never really change your cabinets every year or two. If you feel the need of such cabinet, it is completely worth it.

Moreover, I see some people cramp up gigantic coolers like Noctua NH-D14 in their mid-tower or cheaper cabinets. They shouldn't really be doing that.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
price is around 11.4k....prime hasnt put it up on their page yet......anyway, dont know why this case hasnt become popular till now.....was released sometime in 2010 i think.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Maybe because of its extra large size because even a ATX setup looks like a baby in this one also cooler masters are very dominant in Indian market.

akastek

Right off the assembly line
yeah! HAF X is superbly built and can be termed as one of the best in its price point. I am using it :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom