Is Blackberry Playbook Worth Buying

prateek007391

In the zone
The blackberry Playbook is priced something around 13-14K on Various online stores like junglee.com, Flipkart, and eBay.

Is it a good buy.

I was thinking about hardware as 1Ghz A9 Dual Core processor, 1GB Ram, 16GB Storage(Bummer! its not expandable). 7inch Touch Sensitive Display.

The only problem seems to be right now is that it runs QNX OS, its upgradable to Ver 2 that is capable of running Android Apps (Not Flawlessly).

My Question is that is it worth Buying ?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I wouldnt recommend it. My boss bought it thinking it would help him stay communicated but its a piece of crap. The old OS didnt even have a native email app. It will only show the mails on your blackberry mobile through BB Bridge. The apps available are really limited and most of them are paid.
I'd recommend going for Xoom or some Android based tablet instead of Playbook ..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i'd still say yes cause people have android etc. running on the playbook, os2 is out, it's good for fiddling around.. it basically depends on your usage

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
I wouldnt recommend it. My boss bought it thinking it would help him stay communicated but its a piece of crap. The old OS didnt even have a native email app. It will only show the mails on your blackberry mobile through BB Bridge. The apps available are really limited and most of them are paid.
I'd recommend going for Xoom or some Android based tablet instead of Playbook ..

I read some review on OS2 that is released on Feb 2012
BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 review -- Engadget

and they have just added Email App.

The Reviews for the Device is not so good. Everyone is saying that RIM is just trying to get as much money they can before the company is finally sold out. The average rating for the devices on Various Sites is around 2-3 out of 5. Still anyone with hands on Experience.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Better wait for good tablet.Playbook has limited app. support so its better to buy some good android tablet.
You can also check Ainol Nova7 Aurora its pretty powerful tab with ICS 4.0 support.

andro

Broken In
No,waste of money.
Bought it and sold 0ff within 5 days.
Better buy an android tablet with decent specs or extend ur budget a bit and buy the iPAD 2 with the slashed prices.(currently Ipad is the best among any tabs).

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
Okay, I am dropping the idea of buying Playbook.

What about touchpad. I heard CyanogenMod is working on CM9 on it.

However do we get HP's Support if the Tablet gets bricked.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a tab then get the ipad 2.
Its prices have gone down and apply some coupon to cut down the prices some more and grab it ;)

Top Bottom