Is Avira Antivirus Free Edition reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hluachawngthu

Broken In
I am intending to use Avira Anti-virus Free Edition 9 instead of Avast Home Edition. But I do not know Avira Free Edition is reliable or not than that of Avast. Please someone tell me about the reliability or plus point of Avira (Free edition).

6x6

Journeyman
all free versions are similar. if you feel avast unreliable, then avira is also unreliable. free antivirus softwares delete the infected files instead of removing (healing) virus, so if any system file is infected, it will delete it and system may fail to boot.
simple - if free versions are reliable , then nobody would pay ~1000/- per year for antivirus softwares

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I use AVG. And its performing better than all AV's tat i've tried.

Go for AVG. It has also an option to heal infected files and it does so.

sachinkallely

Right off the assembly line
i think of all free antivirus softwares avast is the best...it consumes less resources and give max protection...

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I am intending to use Avira Anti-virus Free Edition 9 instead of Avast Home Edition. But I do not know Avira Free Edition is reliable or not than that of Avast. Please someone tell me about the reliability or plus point of Avira (Free edition).

I recommend you to stick with Avira Antivirus. It has got 99.7% virus detection rates and according to me better than Avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom