Is 350W SMPS enough for my Hardware component???

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin

Journeyman
Right Now I have AMD64 3000+, ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe Mother Board, 1 80 Sata and 1 80 IDE Hardisk, 1.44 Floppy Drive, Bluetooth, USB Mouse, USB Smart pen, ASUS DVD and CD Writer, USB External Modem connect to MY PC. 350W is my SMPS Capacity. Further more If I am going to add DVD Writer whether I should go for a 400W SMPS or stay with 350W.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well its SMPS not SMBS :D the as for ya query ya comp should run fine now but id recommend u to get a 400 so that u can add more stuffs in future if u want.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Sorry Not enough Minimum a 400W SMPS is a Must. I would recommend a 450W to be safe. Also you have not told us about your graphics card which is one of the most power hungry component in any setup.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
and 1GB of (2 512MB) Ram. If I still continue with same power will there be a serious problem.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
I check in market there is no 450W SMPS. where do i get is else should i go for server cabinet

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I'm using a 300W PSU to run an A64 3000+, 1GB RAM, two 120GB HDDs, separate DVD writer and CD-writer, FX5200 gfx card, DV/AV video capture card, TV tuner. The PSU is an iBox unit that came with the cabinet and I tweaked it a bit for reliability.

I'm not arguing against anyone recommending a more powerful PSU - it's always good to have a healthy margin of power, but I just wanted to give a balanced point of view. This rig has been running for about a month now without any crashes or instability.

anishcool

TE God
go for a 450W SMPS as you have a SLI motherboard. This means you can later add another Asus NVIDIA Gefore 6200 TurboCache later and have two GPU's running at the same time. Well 450 it is !

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom