irratic frame rate in doom3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommygecko

Broken In
I've a P4 2.4GHz ,512 MB DDR 333 RAM,ATI Radeon 9800 card!I played doom 3 on medium quality at 800*600 with everything on except AA and shadows.I got 66 fps in the default timedemo but during gameplay the frames sometimes drop below 30 fps for no reason.also the fps drops suddenly when the doors open.any remedies :?: :(

bharathbala2003

why need title?
am not too sure if this will work.. try downloadin the latest drivers.. do u have any other high end graphics game?are they also giving the same probs.. try reinstalling the game other wise.. anyways don worry ppl here will give u solution.. :D

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Apply the latest Doom 3 patch v1.1 in the first place. Get the latest Catalyst drivers and install them, they give ATI users a good boost with framerates in Doom 3.

Then follow the guides below in the respective order in which they are posted here:

Windows XP Tweak Guide:
*www.tweakguides.com/XPTC.html

ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide:
*www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html

Doom 3 - Game settings and tweaks:
The ones marked in bold are what will boost your framerates maximum:

*www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_5.html
*www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_6.html
*www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_7.html
*www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_8.html
*www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_9.html

*www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_10.html

Doom 3 Performance Tweaks and Tips:
These will get you a good performance boost too

*doom.neoseeker.com/DOOM_3/PC/pages/performance_tweaks/

Finally, download GameGain from here and run it to optimize your system:

*www.majorgeeks.com/download3930.html

I hope these will fix your experience with Doom 3 a bit.

G

gxsaurav

be sure touse the humas tweak for ATI cards for doom3 I don't know weather it is called something else these days or not

Sourabh

Laptoping
Download the omega drivers for ur card from here

and plz make sure u have not changed settings in it by default mebbe thts the reason

and apply the new patch version for the doom3 game

and plz make sure that u have a good SMPS about 350 W and ur system is well ventilated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom