Iraqi who threw shoes at Bush jailed for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
An Iraqi journalist hailed as a hero in the Arab world for throwing his shoes at former US President George W Bush has been jailed for three years.
Muntadar al-Zaidi had told the court his actions were "natural, just like any Iraqi" against a leader whose forces had occupied his country.
Shoe hurling is a grave insult in Arab culture, but Mr Bush - on a farewell trip to Iraq - shrugged off the attack.
Defence lawyers described the sentence as "harsh" and said they would appeal.
The head of Zaidi's team Dhiaa al-Saadi said the sentence was "not in harmony with the law" because his client had not meant to cause injury, but rather to express contempt for Mr Bush.
There has been no statement about the verdict from the Iraqi government of Prime Minister Nouri Maliki, which correspondents say suffered acute embarrassment over the incident.

More...

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
I thot he was already dead.. :lol:
Anyways, nice job! We need more shoe throw recruits, need to straighten up these ar$ehole politicians.

On a slightly different note, Bush is cunning. Look at the way he dodged the attack! Hound! :p

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Oh.. Couldnt resist one more post! Im so happy someone had the courage to go against those damn ba$tards.. You just cant imagine how much hate I have cropped up within me for these elite capitalist frigtards! :p

The guy is a Legend. Even if he was killed, it wouldnt have made things too worse. He did one of the biggest things lately.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Bush deserved a much worser treatment than the 'gentlemanly' shoe ritual. He should've been beaten to death by them.

I feel bad for this Iraqi guy.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Actually Bush was a much worser actor than Bill, and everyone hate bad acting :p

nix

its nice to hail someone else who's gone to jail. the iraqi guy doesnt give a damn about the goodwill he gets. he just wasted 3 years of his life. its stupidity at its peak. im sure he's regretting.

bush had pardoned him way back. bush is outta power now and has no role in the imprisonment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom