iPod ..... the review

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i bought an ipod (30gb with video and images in black color) ...... killer looks nodoubt about it ..... but guess whats in store for you once you start using it ...
  1. The scroll wheel is just too good
  2. The games are good (know ur music 1 is good)
  3. Display is very rich
  4. No folder management
  5. If the tags of ur songs are not maintained dont transfer them .... its goona be a headache for u to browse from them
  6. U cannot create playlists in ur pod other than the on-the-run 1 given (only thru itunes playlists can be made)
  7. A very poor battery life (only 2hrs in most cases) ..... any bollywood movie is not ipod ki bas ki baat
  8. no background images
  9. If u hav bought the photo wala ..... ur images will take almost double the space of what they take on your hdd
  10. Apple doesnt provide a bundled ac adapter ..... buy it on ur own
Thats my review of the ipod ..... make ur own desicion b4 investing in this peice of crap .....

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
as mentioned .... 30gb with videos and photos in black ....(5th generation iPod) .... it cost me a whopping 14.5k with bill (duty free shop)

yours_truly

Broken In
i think ur a piece of **** to judge the iPOD based on the crappy ass parameters u have mentioned..

as some1 in this forum said " ever tried the iPOD with in-ear headphones" ?

try doing this and ur mind will b changed..

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ well as for a lot of ppl sound is not the parameter i make my judgment on .... maybe they might be crappy parameters for u but for me they are also as important ..... but if i am wrong some whr then u can correct else shut up

K

krazyfrog

I want you to explain the following things in more details, if you don't mind that is:
sound quality, video quality and the audio quality of the video, quality of supplied earphones (tested with some other high quality source), comfort factor of earphones, sound quality with high quality headphones attached, transfer of music from pc to iPod, quality of screen, quality of images transferred from pc.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Both of you are correct........

He did a review regarding what he thought important, but when you are reviewing an video ipod u cant ignore the Superb video, audio quality.

*img174.imageshack.us/img174/2682/mk017ms5.gif

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ guys i think u missd the 3rd pt ....

@krazy:

1. sound quality - very good, crystal clear
2. video quality is - ok (battery life only 2-2 and a half hrs during playback)
3. sound of video - same as tht u get wen playing it on ur pc
4. comfort factor of earphones - not good .... they are full circular whereas i hv seen many more comfortable ones which vary in the shape to provide comfort
5. sound quality with high quality head-phones ... jarurat nahi padegi ... the bundled ones are really vey powerful .... more than tht harmful to the human ear
6. transfer from ipod to pc - normal usb transfer
7. quality of display spectacularly rich (though zune has been said to hv a richer display)
8. quality of images simply awesome

@romeo im not ignoring the superb quality ... its just tht this review has is an unbiased review showing the short comings of the ipod (which some ppl who think tht the ipod is a part of themselves and not just a pmp) cant come to terms with

K

krazyfrog

Why do you think your iPod is a piece of crap? I mean its really a shame that after shelling out 14.5k you're not happy with it. Should have done some research before buying it. Or there were other choices like the Creative Zen Vision:M.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well thts y i think its crap it aint worth 14 grand .... thething is i already hv a yes mp3 player so wen i wanted to upgrade i went with the ipod coz it looks sexy and it sounded good .... i never knew the other things i mentioned .... but it ok 30gb hdd ki tarah chala raha hoon

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
mAV3 chill out. I am not blind to i pod's shortcomings. Its just that its shortcomings are outweighed by its virtues. As per as i think, i pod has more of virtues than vices. As far as sound quality is compared , i dont think u can say anything about it( its flawless)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mAV3 said:
7. quality of display spectacularly rich (though zune has been said to hv a richer display)

zune does have bigger display but not richer. even the resolution is same a the ipod screen. But i'll prefer zune for video playback.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
me not sure read about it somewhere ..... dont remember where ... cud be a speculation

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mAV3 said:
me not sure read about it somewhere ..... dont remember where ... cud be a speculation

If you are talking abt the resolution of display , then it is the same as of the ipod. Just the screen is big and i think its a good thing , i like bigger screens on portables.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wat i read/heard was that the screen is richer as compared to the ipod (bigger toh confirmed it is .... me was talking abt display)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i don't know , but if more pixels are packed in a small screen it will definitely look better and sharp than what compared to a bigger screen with same resolution.

goobimama

 Macboy
Is the Zune out in India? Wanted to get my scrawny hands on it....just to look though, no buying for me. I personally don't know what to fit into more than 1GB on an Mp3 player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom