iPod Nano 6th genration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ujjawal

Right off the assembly line
i want to know more about its feature because i am going to buy in jaipur apple premium store on may 25 2011

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Its a pmp with one of better audio quality devices in it's price.

for more info see this-
iPod nano (6th generation): Multi-Touch gestures

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ipod nano 6G is totally junk product. Check Cowon S9 and D2+ instead or up your budget and get ipod touch 4G

@thetechfreak, you should have tried Cowons and Sansas before saying 'best audio quality in its price'.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
desiibond said:
@thetechfreak, you should have tried Cowons and Sansas before saying 'best audio quality in its price'.
errrr.....I think I read it in Digit. I have never used Cowons and Sansas.

Looks like I have to edit my post.

So which product should be reccomended instead of iPod Nano 6th Gen.?

Krow

Crowman
Hmmm... I was reading Head-fi the other day and it seems that the iPods are not so bad after all.

Ipod Nano 6th gen in short,very short ;) - Head-Fi.org Community
Nano 6G - Head-Fi.org Community
Why do 90% of the people use iPod/iPhone as their portable player? - Head-Fi.org Community

iTunes still sucks, but the pods are fine IMO. Not comparing it to any other company, just posting what I read.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes even digit rates ipod's sound quality the highest. According to them, the ipod touch is kind of a benchmark in sound quality. Even higher than cowon's and sandisk's.

My brother has a 32gb ipod touch (previous gen) along with shure sh102 noise cancelletion earphones. Audio quality is terrific and beats and sandisks i have ever heard.

aniket.cain

Padawan
I have an iPod Nano as well as a Sony Walkman A844, and my friend has got iPod Touch. After listening to all of them, I can say that Sony Walkman A series has better sound quality than the iPods. And if you really think that Digit ranks iPods higher than other players, then you are wrong.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well the stock earphones don't do justice at all. Try some good in ears before passing a verdict. That shure earphone i mentioned is a premium one. 102 GBP. Its approx 9k here. Even an entry level senheiser cx 180 in ear will also do the job. They are 1.8k. The touch deserves earphones like these.

The sony cannot even drive premium headphones properly. Ipod touch is the ultimate as far SQ is concerned. Only itunes s***ks big time.

Krow

Crowman
iPods may beat the Sansas for SQ, but I doubt if it is the iPod shuffle which beats the Sansa Clip+. Price to performance is in favour of other companies. Besides, I still think that the Cowon J3 SQ is slightly ahead of iPod Touch and D3 (crappy UI, but amazing SQ) is better than both.

aniket.cain

Padawan
@Vickybat: I guess you didn't read my signature. I own a Klipsch Image X10 IEM. And I tried all of them with the same.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ aniket.cain

Oh sorry mate. Didn't see that. Yes the x10 is one of the best and i have read some high praising reviews about it. How much did that sony walkman a44 cost you?

I said digit ranks ipod touch higher because they give the touch the best performer award everytime in their tests.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Oh, Sorry that is A844. Officially it costs 9k. You can get it for around 7.5-7.7k online from ebay or any local shop.

and BTW, I have a fetish for earphones. Apart from Klipsch X10 and Klipsch S4, I own a Brainwavz M3, a Sennheiser CX-300II and a Creative EP-630. But once I bought my X10i, all others are eating dust in my cupboard. X10 rules. Though it will cost you more than your player.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Hmmm... the discussion is about iPod Nano 6G. I guess we all will stay on topic from now, won't we?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I feel the last gen iPod is a better buy than this.

I feel such a small touch screen doesnt help functionality a lot.

OP, I reccomend to save up a little and get a iPod touch.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want buy because it is lighter than ipod touch and apple sound quality is best
Better get iPod Touch. It would let you do many other things. The current generation iPod Nano is a waste.

And iPod Touch can't really match the Cowon D2+/S9 in terms of SQ.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ico said:
Better get iPod Touch. It would let you do many other things. The current generation iPod Nano is a waste.
Agree. It's a brilliant product if you can afford it.
ico said:
And iPod Touch can't really match the Cowon D2+/S9 in terms of SQ.
does SQ mean Sound Quality? If yes. I think the ones you mentioned and iPod Touch are at par with each other.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I want buy because it is lighter than ipod touch and apple sound quality is best

If you are not able to accept the fact that there are better sounding players than ipods, there is no point in opening the thread and wasting others time. Please go ahead, get that nano and be happy. But do note this:

For the price of ipod nano, I can buy Cowon iAudio 9 8GB and a set a of IEMs like Soundmagic PL30 or Nuforce NE6 (by adding just a bit extra). I get a player that plays, wide range of audio formats (including FLAC, which is widely regarded as the best audio codec), has custom equalizer and BBE+ settings that you can use to fine tune the output according to your taste, has FM Radio, voice recorder, better battery life and hard audio controls (so that you don't have to turn the display on every time you want to change track). Couple the player with a quality set of IEM and you have a portable audio that literally pawns nano 6G in everything.

PS: I have used a Cowon D2 and ipod nano 3G so I can definitely say that while ipod nano 3G has very balanced audio quality and none of the equalizers were able to give a good output, D2 gave me complete control on the audio output. It took couple of days for me to get the right balance but it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom