Ipod Classic 160 GB - Initial Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Thanks to the guyz in other thread,

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70585

I went to Yusuf Sarai GizmoWorld an got the iPod Classic 160 GB today. Here is an inital review, I will post detailed review as I use the device.

I wont go in specs, considering that they are all over the net, but I am satified by the size. Le me come to real thing.

UI:
Ask arya, nuff said

Cover Flow
Despite the new update 1.0.2, its slow. I just loaded 719 MB of songs with Album art at 400X400 or something like that and it became a bit slow.

Sound quality:
Inintial seems good, but i just listened to the holy Bhagwad Gita and that too for some seconds, iPod is loud and i hope taht I can easily hear it in bus.

Video.
Most of the vids failed, despite being Mp4. Even some specially converted iPod episodes of popular TV serial did not work. :(, i was really looking forward to that, guess i wud have to convert them manually:(

Hang on for more and photos.

And Oh price: 18500Rs

anand1

In the zone
The device slowness is a bit problem dude which is an area to be shorted out.
Hope something must be done in respect to it....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ipod touch will be available with full support from November.

8gig: 16k
16gig: 21k

Found this at apple store, Bangalore

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
w/o bill its for 13 k .... huge difference and i think the registration policy will still be the same so no point of spending those extra 3 k on the pod rather buy the headfnes :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
kumarmohit said:
I went to Yusuf Sarai GizmoWorld an got the iPod Classic 160 GB today.

If HD space was not a problem, then I would have recomended Creative Zen.
Video.
Most of the vids failed, despite being Mp4. Even some specially converted iPod episodes of popular TV serial did not work. :(, i was really looking forward to that, guess i wud have to convert them manually:(

Get used to it, there are iPod video converters online like SUPER 2007 & u can use that to convert properly.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
welcome to horrible world of the ipods ;) been part of it for over an year now :)

K

krazyfrog

^^ I still don't get it why you bought it in the first place. You've been bashing it from day 1. If only you'd have enquired on the forum before purchase you'd have got something better, like the Creative Zen Vision:M. Creative players can play nearly any format without the hassles of conversion.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i got it as gift from dad & mom .... so well cant complain hey its a 14k piece of sh!t

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
use excellent apps like --

(i) Free iPod Video Converter ---- really free and fast.
(ii) Videora ipod video converter ---- free but slow.
(iii) IMTOO ipod movie converter ---- paid but fast and with lotsa tweaks :)

These softies will convert nearly any video format out there to ur ipod supported vidz.. i remember converting the 1080p trailer of "300" to a high quality ipod compatible MP4 vid fast and successfully using imtoo.... the video and sound quality on the ipod was. ... in a nutshell..... "holy sh***t".... just try it and see.... :)

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If HD space was not a problem, then I would have recommended Creative Zen.

I had my mind set at Creative Zen vision W, 60 GB. but the HD space is the main reason I got iPod.

As for the convertors, I had been testing them for like past year, But since the episode came from you know where and despite being iPod ready tagged they did not work then i think it is not the mistake of iPod but the release grp.

Again I have Jodix, SUPER and one DVD to ipod convertor the first two are able to convert properly. But I have some files in OGM format and SUPER is not converting them. I think it might be coz they have 2 audio tracks. English and Japanese. this might be causing trouble,

As for DVD to iPod thing, i still have to check.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dvd - ipod: a-one convertor it was a freegiveof the day posted by charan i have downldd it but not tried it has the ipod settings pre configured ... also u can try ulead vdo studio it too has pre ocnfigured ipod settings ;)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Why not use iTunes or QuickTime Pro to covert media to iPod compatible formats? It has always worked perfectly for me.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ Yea I had tried this , but quicktime pro doesnt open all formats...atleast in my system.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ah, well. Sorry! Forgot that most people here are on PCs.

QuickTime Player opens every format here on my Mac (with the help of a couple of free codecs, of course) and exports to every single one of them too. :)

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
18500 rs ka iPod kharid kar mere finances itne strain ho gaye hai, Quick time pro khareedne gaya to lut jaaunga

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Why not use iTunes or QuickTime Pro to covert media to iPod compatible formats? It has always worked perfectly for me.

Thats because on Mac OS Quicktime is the only default media player which works with DivX & can export.

On Windows, Quicktime & iTunes cannot open DivX/Xvid AVIs

aryayush said:
QuickTime Player opens every format here on my Mac (with the help of a couple of free codecs, of course) and exports to every single one of them too. :)

Wrong, it only exportes to Apple supported formats & not anything else like MKV or Ogg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom