iPhone with contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
hi my frnd is in canada..can I ask him to get me a iPhone from thr and use it in india??? he is telling the cost of the same is 199$ when bought wit contract and without contract its 700$.

If my frnd is getting the contract mobile, give it to me, i unlock it, can i use it wit other SIM??? wat happ to the contract then??? wil my frnd has to pay for the contract or anythin???

throw some light on this!!!

k4ce

Youngling
YEAH ... ur fren has to honor the contract despite him not using the iphone ... or else he needs to terminate the contract which would attract a fee from the network provider ... either ways , it will work out almost the same ( 600 - 800$) ... so u decide

pickster

Professional Layabout.
you have to pay for the phone + one month rental + ETF [early termination fee]
it comes around nearly the same. plus you dont get warranty.

its better if you just buy it from india, dude.

the other option is to buy a second hand iPhone. Many come without contract.
try looking at eBay [but they will be really expensive] or Craigslist.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
thnx for the replies!!!! any idea how much the termination fee will be??? also can we terminate the contract immediately after the purchase or is there any minimum duration???

pickster

Professional Layabout.
The contract involves advance payment right ?
Otherwise you can buy it in canada and run off to India with a 200$ phone :D

no. you just pay $200 for the phone and then monthly rentals.
but you do have to sign on a contract, show your id and if you run, you get into trouble.

they are not that stupid, you know?

pickster

Professional Layabout.
200 + $175 Early Terimnation Fee + one month rental [usually around 90 USD] + Activation fee [$35] = $500.
If you cancel the contract before 30 days, you have to return the phone.

BTW, this is all fro AT&T.
In Canada, Rogers offers the iPhone and its price is a bit higher, i think.

So, if you were looking for a cheap iPhone, i dont think this is worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom