iPhone Security Flaw Puts All Private Information at Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid

Broken In
There's a huge security problem in the latest iPhone 2.0.2: if you have your Phone password protected, using a very simple trick gives anyone full access to your cellphone private information in Mail, SMS, Contacts, and even Safari. The two-step trick is even simpler to the one used in the past to gain access to the phone to install unlocking cards or jailbreak.

Source
*gizmodo.com/5042332/huge-iphone-security-flaw-puts-all-private-information-at-risk

chandru.in

In the zone
I agree all software have security flaws. But this is more of an issue with UI design. Allowing access to all parts from emergency dialling. It can be changed. But hey isn't Apple a company which is very specific about the defaults in its UI??

Hmmm... I was thinking of Apple as master of UI design. Seems like they are losing out there too with iPhone. :rolleyes:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
That is one major security flaw, it has to be said. But it should be soon fixed by Apple.

On the lighter side, I found this comment by helfrez totally funny :p

HILARIOUS!!! Now I am no fan of Microsoft or WiMo, but had this been a flaw in Windows mobile, or say Android...OMG the world would stop to point fingers and talk trash about security. Every other post would be about switching to an IPhone.

But let it be a Iphone with an issue, and the first comment is "who password protects there phone...no biggie?"

and next up, "no super secret info on the phone". What happened to enterprise ready?

Followed by a resounding "Don't leave your phone around"?

chandru.in

In the zone
These comments are typical fanboy-ism of Apple lovers.

Hmm, so how many of us actually password protect their phones?

unless you have super secret info on your iphone i don't think it should be a huge flaw...

Simple solution: don't let your phone lying around.

Probably why you should use a app like 1Password or eWallet to store anything REALLY critical. 'Course, if it's THAT critical, it probably shouldn't be on your phone anyway.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Seriously, those who do post those comments are indeed losers. I’m a fanboy and I would never defend this huge security hole.

Although, who would think of double pressing the Home button anyway. And if you have it set to launch iPod controls, which is the default, this does not work…

… uh oh, there I go. :p

----------------------

No, seriously, this is BAD. Apple’s got some major reworking to do. They need to hire more people or something.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Its the same paper that few days back said:

- iPhone first-gen is available for 10k and
- iPhone 3G can be bought from US for 8k.

On topic: Its a big security flaw agreed. I expect much better work from Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom