iphone 5? case or no case?

dpkml

Broken In
Hi all.
I am planning to buy an iPhone 5 tomorrow. It is going to be black. I would just like to know if it really is as prone to scratches as they say it is.
If that is an issue then which case would you suggest. (<1k)
I have faced the problem of cases themselves scratching the phone in due course of time. Hence i am still confused.
I take very good care of my gadgets. So, do you think that a front and back screenguard would suffice?

oval_man

Journeyman
Only scratch-gard is required for front display.Aluminium back and the rim helps in heat dissipation,so don't cover it with any case,

Keeping it bare makes long-life!

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Get a leather pouch/cover instead of a hard plastic case for above mentioned reason. Scratches to the back is something you can't avoid, case or no case...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
ugh. no case, no scratch guard.
This, but that's because it's an iPhone 5. Been three weeks I'm using it and honestly there is NO need of a case, not at all. The build quality is awesome and putting a case on this aesthetically brilliant unit is something like sticking a front bumper in your Ferrari. And you said you take good care of things.
But yes, the backside is soft, so try to avoid moving/sliding the device when it is placed at a hard surface. And don't put keys in the same pocket where you carry your iPhone.
Hell I haven't put a case even on my shatter prone Note 2!

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
This, but that's because it's an iPhone 5. Been three weeks I'm using it and honestly there is NO need of a case, not at all. The build quality is awesome and putting a case on this aesthetically brilliant unit is something like sticking a front bumper in your Ferrari.
Hell I haven't put a case even on my shatter prone Note 2!
You have an iphone and a note II? :shock:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I mean, I never see people using both, either we have android lovers or iphone lovers, not both ;)
Oh. I'm an Apple lover and Android hater actually. But, due to iOS's pathetic restrictions I am kinda forced to use Android.
Actually I'm in middle, I hate lags, I hate restrictions, just had to bear one, and I chose lag :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Oh. I'm an Apple lover and Android hater actually. But, due to iOS's pathetic restrictions I am kinda forced to use Android.
Actually I'm in middle, I hate lags, I hate restrictions, just had to bear one, and I chose lag :)
Note II lags?? News to me.

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes, in times normally, sometimes horribly.
Quite honestly, if you see someone is saying Note 2 runs like butter or there is no lag at all, is simply lying or a Fandroid fanboy.
Whoa, and it has Jelly Bean, my L9 doesn't lag, not that I'd ever seen so, browsed using 6 tabs, played 1080 video, read ebooks, ran office apps, never seen a lag or out of memory, are you sure your set's alright?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol, I'm quite sure. I don't know which set is L9 though.
The simplest example of lag could be found by scrolling through contacts list, SMS list, My files list etc. It will stutter like hell.
But yeah, the term lag differs from person to person, to me even a little stuttering is lag (I'm not saying Note 2 stutters a little), especially when the unit is backed up by a Quad Core CPU and 2 GB RAM, and to some it's not lag.
You know some people can play below 30 fps and can say that there's no lag, which is beyond me :)
Anyway, we are OT. OP will be angry.

OP
D

dpkml

Broken In
Lol no... OP wont be angry......thanks for the replies everyone. I will research and watch some vids and hopefully do the right thing.
Being a former fandroid and playing with an apple 3gs,windows phone , then samsung note and now back to apple.... "LAG" is the only reason why i chose iphone 5 over s3 or note 2.
I mean i have a nexus 7 and even this thing lags. I mean not always, but enough to annoy you .then there are app crashes and stuff.
L9 is an amazing phone, good to hear that it works smooth.
But i believe android still has a long way to go before it can match the fluidity of ios.
I would love to go back to android someday, if it stops stuttering and stammering. =)
I think i should get a case... This iphone looks delicate.

tkin

Back to school!!
Lol no... OP wont be angry......thanks for the replies everyone. I will research and watch some vids and hopefully do the right thing.
Being a former fandroid and playing with an apple 3gs,windows phone , then samsung note and now back to apple.... "LAG" is the only reason why i chose iphone 5 over s3 or note 2.
I mean i have a nexus 7 and even this thing lags. I mean not always, but enough to annoy you .then there are app crashes and stuff.
But i believe android still has a long way to go before it can match the fluidity of ios.
I would love to go back to android someday, if it stops stuttering and stammering. =)
Or at least get a pouch or a belt holder or something, so its easier and safe to carry around, specially when you sleep, I keep my phone beside my pillow when I sleep for the alarm, and half the time it either lands on the floor or at a completely remote part of bed, a case or a pouch is must for these times :D :D

PS: I think I need to demo an iphone 5 for a day or so, just to see what this smooth experience is all about.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I bold out the 100% true part.
And if you are ultimately going for a case then please buy a good one, a cheap one will be so bad. Considered Case Mate? Awesome quality the provide.
Or at least get a pouch or a belt holder or something, so its easier and safe to carry around, specially when you sleep, I keep my phone beside my pillow when I sleep for the alarm, and half the time it either lands on the floor or at a completely remote part of bed, a case or a pouch is must for these times :D :D

PS: I think I need to demo an iphone 5 for a day or so, just to see what this smooth experience is all about.
You sleep with your phone under pillow when it's ON? What about EMF?
And yes, you can borrow someone's iP, don't need a day honestly, you can see the difference in some hours. Not only iOS, even WP is hell smooth.

tkin

Back to school!!
I bold out the 100% true part.
And if you are ultimately going for a case then please buy a good one, a cheap one will be so bad. Considered Case Mate? Awesome quality the provide.

You sleep with your phone under pillow when it's ON? What about EMF?
And yes, you can borrow someone's iP, don't need a day honestly, you can see the difference in some hours. Not only iOS, even WP is hell smooth.
L9 has quite low SAR, plus its not everyday, only when I need to use the alarm, was thinking about getting a loud alarm clock.

Top Bottom