iPhone 3G's true cost is $1,237!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
By making the decision of reducing the price to 199$ , Apple has given the competetion only one choice , either they give atleast the very same features the iPhone does at atleast the same price or they loose their market share.

Add to that the hype the iPhone carries in the mobile market.
Soon , mobile companies are gonna have to slash prices.
We already saw an example for this,
Sprint has decided the price of the Samsung Instinct to be 199$ , coz even at a cent more , people are gonna go for the iPhone.
Although , i personally dont think people will go for the Instinct at 199$.

Believe me , we are gonna see a price slash by Nokia , Samsung etc very soon.

This was A Swift and Bold strike by Apple , If you ask me.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
By making the decision of reducing the price to 199$ , Apple has given the competetion only one choice , either they give atleast the very same features the iPhone does at atleast the same price or they loose their market share.

Add to that the hype the iPhone carries in the mobile market.
Soon , mobile companies are gonna have to slash prices.
We already saw an example for this,
Sprint has decided the price of the Samsung Instinct to be 199$ , coz even at a cent more , people are gonna go for the iPhone.
Although , i personally dont think people will go for the Instinct at 199$.

Believe me , we are gonna see a price slash by Nokia , Samsung etc very soon.

This was A Swift and Bold strike by Apple , If you ask me.

Nokia and SE or Verizon and Vodafone are not going to act fast. They will wait till AT&T releases dataplans and then offer packages that easily beat the iphone + At & T dataplan.

I think you still do the breathtakingly supberb phone Xperia X2 from SE and the N76 and the cybershot C9xx series.

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Desiibond

Yes , i remember , but honestly do you think the general public is gonna for other phones? There's too much hype in the market right now.

And , i agree with you , once the at&t plans come out , companies are gonna form packages, but we will see price slashes.

Like i said , even if they offer smthing at the same price of the iPhone,
the average customer is going to choose an iPhone over anything else.

I believe Apple is aiming for a large market, the price slash and releasing in all those countries at once say the quite clearly.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Don’t bother. It will be a rehashing of the following:
1. SMS;
2. Bluetooth;
3. Video recording; and
4. Copy-paste.

Well let me clear it! You normally DO NOT add it to the cost of the handset if the plans are reasonably priced, but when they are not, you have to consider that as well!
On the AppleInsider forum, in one of the threads where they were discussing the iPhone and cribbing about the $10 increase, one guy who’d unlocked his iPhone, thrown away the AT&T SIM card and voided the warranty commented something in the lines of (not his exact words), “Dudes. You’re all such crybabies. I’m using EDGE on T-Mobile on my iPhone right now and it’s <expletive> slow and I pay <expletive> $30 per month to them, that too with a limit of 500MB. You guys get to buy an iPhone for $199, use <expletive> unlimited 3G for the same price and you’re cribbing about it. Get a life.” He used a lot of F-words, so his post was deleted (they do allow one or two though) but T-Mobile does have a plan with a 500MB limit for $30, so I guess he was being truthful (he is known for being an Apple fanboy though).

Also, Blackberry users have to pay $40 for EDGE/3G access and that too capped. So how are AT&T’s plans not reasonably priced? They used to be the most inexpensive at $20 and now that they have 3G, they brought the pricing more in line with the rest of the market ($20 was a special plan only for iPhone users).

I really don’t see anything wrong here. Of course, when Airtel and Vodafone’s plans are revealed, we’ll be able to judge it more appropriately.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@Pat :lol: typical ignorant attitude. Just saying that respect the fact that is good and then not being able to say why sure makes you highly intelligent and knowledgeable,

Pat

Beyond Smart
@Pat :lol: typical ignorant attitude. Just saying that respect the fact that is good and then not being able to say why sure makes you highly intelligent and knowledgeable,

Lol! Everyone knows who is ignorant here! Also you were the one who wanted to start the discussion, right ?

You sure you wanna discuss this?

Remember now ? ;)

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have a lot of respect for Steve Jobs , he is a smart guy and knows how to slowly get the market share.But the way some of you defend Apple , it just makes them look bad.Seriously!

That is something that they will never realize.

Take Arya, he says PC's are waste and still buys PC's for his newly formed business. He himself is helpless on leaving apple out of the large scale. True fanboyism!!!!!!

Pat

Beyond Smart
Seems like you quit even before beginning :lol:

Lol! Yea right..To each his own :D

Well slightly off-topic..But make a poll and ask how many people would buy an iphone if it was available for $199 plus taxes in India and with a nominal montly rental! Prolly the response there will get something inside your head :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I thought I was supposed to respect something for being good, when the ones asking me to respect it don't even know what is good in it :lol:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Take Arya, he says PC's are waste and still buys PC's for his newly formed business. He himself is helpless on leaving apple out of the large scale. True fanboyism!!!!!!
I’d have thought fanboyism would’ve been to buy Macs even though PCs made more sense. Your sense of logic is at its best today, isn’t it? :lol:

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ I prolly know a 1000 things more than you do buddy. But I dont think its worth wasting my time doing all that for a person whos sole motive is to counter-attack every good thing/feature that iphone provides.

However, I have one solution for you.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php
*www.google.com

Try to make sense of those two links that I provided and come back with your brickbats!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
You still haven't provided me with anything that makes the iPhone good and worth respecting.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Any person with a little IQ would have figured out where to find what you are looking for buddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom