iPhone 3gs in india? also poll for nexus and iPhone

Which is better iPhone 3GS or Nexus One and why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommakers

Journeyman
Got 2 questions

[1] Is iPhone 3GS available in India? some how in Mumbai?

[2] Which is best iPhone 3GS or Nexus one?

here are point according to me.. while considering my requirements and thinking about these phones

iPhone

[1] 100,000 apps [most attracting point for me.. great time pass for me and great utilities there for my business/hobby
[2] Great touch interface and pinch to zoom in almost all apps
[3] Coolest video and music players

Nexus one

[1] Open source and most free apps there
[2] 5mp great camera with youtube integration
[3] very fast processor and built in gmail and maps applications

Take my positives 60% for iPhone and 40% for nexus one.. great attractive point for me for iPhone is apps.. my main use for the phone is time pass.. reading feeds.. email check .. games..

Please give me your idea.. which phone you like in this both and why [NO OTHER PHONE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE]

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
I am from Gujarat so need to know where is Heera Panna in Mumbai or delhi? and also.. Will I get warranty ? Do you have any idea about price?

bloomark

Broken In
you get iPhone along with an airtel/vodafone SIM both of which charge you exorbitantly high prices (if you want a warranty i.e)
you could always buy one from the grey market but you do not get a warranty
i think the legal one costs somewhere in the region of 30k
and unless you want to pay for the apps you will be installing, youll ahve to unlock the phone which will automatically void your warranty

your best option is to buy one off the grey market

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ he was askin abt 3GS model and not 3G. 3GS is yet to be launched in India officially. I am using the 3GS now and it rocks. Never tried Nexus 1 but have trid HTC Hero. Its touch is not that good when compared with iPhone. I am using my phone for iPod and Touch UI. And little of Apps.

k4ce

Youngling
I've used the Nexus one briefly and used the iphone 3g quite extensively ... i'll tell u so much ... The iphone interface is just brilliant ... but the nexus one isnt far behind ... i've never seen android fone that fast ... plus it packs an amoled display ... yes, the nexus one might take a lil bit more time getting used to, but i wud still go for the nexus one ... i have never used a 3gs though ... but if i ever have that kinda money, i wud put in on the Nexus One

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
its going to be the iPhone.. Unmatched touchscreen... unmatched sound quality... and unmatched feel.. ever..

best gaming device even best internet device even..

it is just the iPhone.. nexus one is good but not better than iPhone..

and if you jailbreak you iPhone then no phone can beat it with the number of hacks you can do to the phone...

Just get it man it might cost you 38k from gray market..

fabler

Journeyman
I would definitely go for google nexus one as I am having it. I had option for iPhone also, but I choose nexus one over iPhone.

Some of the points are already mentioned. But still I would like to mention them.

- It has android.
- Latest Hardware
- Removable Battery
- No iTunes like stuff
- Customizable than iPhone
- Live Wallpapers
- Multitasking
- Free Applications

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
I would definitely go for google nexus one as I am having it. I had option for iPhone also, but I choose nexus one over iPhone.

Some of the points are already mentioned. But still I would like to mention them.

- It has android.
- Latest Hardware
- Removable Battery
- No iTunes like stuff
- Customizable than iPhone
- Live Wallpapers
- Multitasking
- Free Applications

1. Android is not better than iPhone OS personal opinion...

2. Latest hardware means what???

3. How can it help??

4. Yea..

5. JB iPhone and then see..

6. JB iPhone has it too..

7. iPhone OS 4.0 got it..

8. iPhone got thousands of free apps too..

sachitgul

Journeyman
You are comparing the 4th Gen iPhone Os to the 2nd Gen Android OS..
Android 2.0 devours the iPhone 2.0 OS
Android 2.1 even devours 4.0 iPhone OS due to its open source nature...

Snapdragon 1ghz vs Cortex 600mhz
256mb ram vs 512mb ram
3.7 inch AMOLED vs 3.5inch TFT
5mp cam vs 3.2mp cam

3. How can it help??
lol..
the answer is in the question itself..
:D

4. Yea..

Still Android wins

AFAIK it does not..

a half-cooked version will come in the 4.0 OS
and neways multi-tasking will be exclusive to the iPhone 4g AND the 3GS..
it will NOT come to the previous versions (1st and 2nd Gen)..

nowhere as good as the Android Free Apps..
THo app store games own the android ones for sure..

Not a android fanboi..
i have the ipod touch 3g and a samsung spica..

android is really awesome..
even the iphone is awesome..
IMO android just about edges the iphone OS..

In the End..
whichever mobile u choose u still win..
just nt going for a symbian or a windows phone IMO is an epic win in itself...

Last edited:

fabler

Journeyman

3. How can it help??

4. Yea..

1. I've both. I find android 2.1 better than current Mac on iPhone. And that is my personal openion
2. 1 Ghz Proccy. 512 MB RAM and 5 MP camera.
3. If the battery fails you've to replace the phone or just garbage it.
4. I am agree
5. You cannot create folders and new links in iPhone. You don't have a home screen and widget on it.
6. iPhone don't have live wallpaper
7. Android is multitasking from begining
8. Its open source. Technical: Android don't have some limitation to access underlying resource through API/SDK while iPhone has it. You can read about why firefox/flash is not coming to iPhone platform.

@sachitgul

I am agree with you in every point. Actually I am very impressed by using nexus one. Everytime I think to grab another Nexus One.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
These are just my opinions

I feel iPhone OS has far better UI than Android. But Android is more functional, though it lacks the fluid interface of iPhone.

3. How can it help??

Hmmm no doubt Nexus one has better hardware, but iPhone 3GS is no slouch either. This shouldn't be deciding factor IMO :)

4. (No iTunes like stuff) Yea..

Yeah, I agree with it. I'm so relieved with my Spica after using my iPod touch with iTunes.

Both are customizable in numerous ways thanks to jailbreak in iPhone and rooting in Spica ( for some modifications you need root access)

But android has better customization options out of the box, unlike iPhone which has to be jailbroken. Other than that both are equally customizable

Though I use Pro-switcher and Kirikae in my iPod touch for multitasking. I feel android wins in multitasking capabilities. It looks like multitasking in 4.0 has some limitations and no support for older devices is some what not acceptable I feel. ( Damn, Since I wont be able to use my iPod touch 2G with it for multitasking)

Though nothing comes close to Apple Appstore, I agree with others that free apps in appstore are limited and that too with limited functionalities.

Where as most of the free android apps are fully functional and are better in terms of usability, since most of the free iPhone apps are just for fun.
Overall I think its time to move ahead of the iPhone mania and look at the alternatives and that too rather good ones and better ones :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom