iPhone 3G 8 gb problem

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
Okay, so i was hoping to sell this phone after getting its display repaired and now it has a whole new problem, sometimes when i press the power button, the screen turns white rather than the display going out( as it should ) and sometimes it results in the phone restarting all over. The guy who repaired it says its a power strip problem and i believe it because the buttons on the phone physically look bad, there is also a problem with the volume down button which has to be pressed really hard to make it work.

He says it will take 650 bucks to change the whole power strip, and says its not a software problem that the phone is going white/restarting. the phone had ios 3.0 and was updated to 4.1 because it wasn't in use for 6 months and i had forgotten its password.

My question is, will changing the power strip solve my problem with the white screen/ restarting on its own? Because the power button physically looks damaged i am guessing it may be a problem with the buttons and not the software. Any other things it can be?

edit: Just noticed that the phone restarts whenever its left idle for like 2-3 minutes. When i press the power button to "slide to unlock" from idle, i rather end up with my phone going to the apple logo it shows while turning on. :-( Also, please let me know if this could be a software problem. i am hoping against hope that it is a software problem rather than a hardware problem.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom