IOMEGA External HDD Working Like Magnet

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey guys, just bumping this thread up instead of creating a new one.

I'd like to know, is it ok to buy 2nd Hand RMA'ed HDD? Ofcourse I'll check HD Tune Health, and if it's in warranty or not.

But other than that, generally RMA'ed drives which have been replaced and seller selling it sealed, is it ok buy them?

Hrishi

Hey guys, just bumping this thread up instead of creating a new one.

I'd like to know, is it ok to buy 2nd Hand RMA'ed HDD? Ofcourse I'll check HD Tune Health, and if it's in warranty or not.

But other than that, generally RMA'ed drives which have been replaced and seller selling it sealed, is it ok buy them?
Depends on how old the device is , and what is the price difference compared to a brand new one.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Depends on how old the device is , and what is the price difference compared to a brand new one.

It's sealed pack, RMA'ed, replaced and new.

Anyway, after thinking a lot I decided to go for new one. May be WD Blue 1TB. Any suggestions?

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^WD Blu is nice.
Option : Toshiba 1 TB (DT01ACA100)

Though I don't have much idea about Toshiba's quality now (Yeah I know previously it was used much), and the RMA process of Toshiba. So I'm bit inclined towards WD because of their door to door RMA.

Anyway, I'm open to options though.

But as you said if WD Blue is good, then may be I can go with it. But day by day $ price rising high IDK how much I'll be able to spend.

Guys is it ok to order WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com ?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Though I don't have much idea about Toshiba's quality now (Yeah I know previously it was used much), and the RMA process of Toshiba. So I'm bit inclined towards WD because of their door to door RMA.

Anyway, I'm open to options though.

But as you said if WD Blue is good, then may be I can go with it. But day by day $ price rising high IDK how much I'll be able to spend.

Guys is it ok to order WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive - WD: Flipkart.com ?

You are correct with WD's RMA service.
Check locally for better prices else buy from Fk(4.5k is ok IMO)

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You are correct with WD's RMA service.
Check locally for better prices else buy from Fk(4.5k is ok IMO)

It's 4k here locally and at Fk it was 3.8 but today I see it's 3.9.

So for 100/- I'll not take risk of shipping and all, I'll buy locally instead.

Top Bottom