Cyborg Agent
Hi all,

I am planning to setup an inverter at home in order to run -

2 tube lights,
2 cfl lights,
2 fans,
1 PC,
1 32 inch LED tv

The pc specs are in my signature. Additionally, I have an APC 1KV UPS for my pc and a 24 inch monitor.

My requirement is to run the above for 2 hrs (minimum). I am considering Sukam Shiny 850VA for the inverter and Exide Tubular batteries.

Q1:: Will Shiny 850VA be enough to handle my pc along with the TV and couple of fans with a tubelight or do i require a 1KV?

Q2:: What is the AH that I require to run the setup for 2 hrs??

shreymittal

Being Human
Yes dude you need 1Kva inverter and that too from microtek and get Okaya 180mah*2 batteries
okaya because it has same warranty period as exide and costs less too

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
In my opinion, get an inverter above 1KVA. A few days back, I had inquired about a setup, although I was clear that I have to get a 1500 VA one, still, when the shopkeepers inquired, I told them my requirement, and once all of them heard the word computer, they changed their suggestion from an 850 VA to a 1500 VA. I inquired about the batteries too. A 135AH luminous battery costs around 7.5K, while a 150AH one costs 8.5K. A 135AH microtek battery costs ~8K, while a 150AH one costs 8.5K. However, one dealer suggested me to go with the SF Sonic batteries as according to him, these are the only batteries that could last as much as 4-5 years, but the prices were steep, 10.5K for a 135AH battery.
Whatever you choose, make sure that your inverter is Digital Sine Wave inverter.
To get an idea of appliances you can run with different setups, checkout this link.

shreymittal

Being Human
My Okaya batteries are 5yrs old and still working like a new ones
IMO nevr buy those things which dealer suggest always use your brain when buying anything

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
My Okaya batteries are 5yrs old and still working like a new ones
IMO nevr buy those things which dealer suggest always use your brain when buying anything
That I know, Most of those I met had very limited knowledge in this field, but have opened shops and are selling the things. I just asked about prices of Deep Cycle Batteries, (I intend to set up preferably, a hybrid inverter system, with Solar Panels on my roof, and Deep Cycle Batteries have a particular advantage over the regular tubular/flat plate ones in such a kind of setup) and one of them was completely clueless about any such type, taking cues from that, I didn't ask anyone else about the Deep Cycle Batteries. But, still I don't agree that you shouldn't buy things which dealer suggest. You can always draw inferences from the findings from a number of dealers, and act accordingly.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ So, did you get it? If yes, which one and for how much? Will probably help other prospective buyers like me.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I dint get the setup yet.. I will keep you all posted on my purchase as soon as I make one.. I have parked the plan aside for a month as the budget got dissolved a little.

Top Bottom