Interuption while runnng CD/audio and copying files and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhanath

Journeyman
Hi All,

I could not understand what this problem is...
I try to copy a file from CD/DVD while my mp3 songs were played from system,there is a interruption
and the audio is disrupted.Also the mouse is jerked while moving in the screen.

The same is happening when i run cd/dvd audio from drive and do some file operation in the system.
However during this process,the system has more than 1 Gb free memory and cpu utilization is
around 50%.This is happening only when i deal with cd/dvd drives.

I have the following PC config

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
MSI P6N SLi platinum
Win XP Pro Sp2(patch updated till jul 07)
LG DVD ROM and LG DVD writer(bought 2 yrs back)
2 GB DDR2 667MHz
80*2 GB SATA hard Drive
Avira Premium(Updated to Aug 3)
Audio Codec:realtek ALC888
GPU:NVidia xfx Geforce 8600GT 256MB

Is this problem due to audio driver or the DVD drive?Can anyone help me in solve this
issue?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
What OS and Media Playing software ???

usually in Windows this happens if u have DMA Disabled... by default from Windows 2000 Microsoft made sure all windows ccome by default settings of DMA turned on.... how ever some time if u have virtual software like Demon Tools or such, to creat virtual CD/DVD drive some time they disable the DMA....

please check that whether the DMA is turned off or not... !!!

OP
G

guhanath

Journeyman
Hi,
Are you saying me to disable DMA for the DVD drive?

I also want to add this.
The sound/Audio is getting dirupt only when I run DVD in drive.The Video Cd are running fine without any disruption

I also want to add this.
The sound/Audio is getting dirupt only when I run DVD in drive.The Video Cd are running fine without any disruption

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
dude this is HDD being cluttred problem...defrag ur hdd around 3 times and then try....becoz the mouse becomes jerky when the sys files are not being read properly or are very cluttered .....and yes if the prb is occuring only when the dvd is being run means tht ur sys is getting overloaded try increasing the pagefile..and yes make sure DMA is turned on..u can also try running a disk cleaner........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom